• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: the plastic thread

voyager

Lately i've been toying with the idea of getting the AMEX platinum. And with their introduction of 50k bonus points it's looking pretty damn attractive. So i'm curious to see if anyone here as experience with it. Though the annual fee is making me hesitant.

It also seems that with aeroplan moving from CIBC to TD there has been an increase in the number of bonus awards made available for new subscribers. This has directly resulted in the amex aeroplatnium offering 50k points bonus points and comes with a reduced annual fee (as compared to the regular platinum).

It seems like a good time of year to churn cards for the reward points, especially since TD is now offering free first year for their aeroplan selection.

So, what's in everyones' wallet?

I currently have the infinite avion from RBC. The redemption schedule is pretty good, but you still get stuck paying for fuel surcharges if you fly overseas. Currently i have ~65,000 points which i may convert over to BA avios when they have their next 1:1.5 promotion.

So let's have a first world discussion. ha

I have the capital one card, and it's 2 points for every dollar... and each point really is about 1 cent. you get 10 000 every year and you can use it for any travel purchases... hotel rooms, car rentals etc. I don't know how good that is compared to others, but I like it. .

Back