• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kevin Weekes commented on HNIC that Paul Maurice was the best coach

At the NHL level, the other candidates are Bryan Murray, Mike Keenan, Marc Crawford, Butch Goring, Steve Ludzik, John Tortorella, Peter Laviolette, Tom Renney, and Brent Sutter. My guess is that he liked Mo's penchant for risk minimization, which tends to lead to nice goaltending stats.

Not sure if he was Erik Cole's favorite coach, but he was quite complimentary of his old bench boss. He said Maurice was clear with what he wanted and he built on progressions. Once one aspect mastered, a new piece built on to that component. Said everything was a progression and made him a good coach. Broke things out and communicated well.

At the NHL level, the other candidates are Bryan Murray, Mike Keenan, Marc Crawford, Butch Goring, Steve Ludzik, John Tortorella, Peter Laviolette, Tom Renney, and Brent Sutter. My guess is that he liked Mo's penchant for risk minimization, which tends to lead to nice goaltending stats.

Mo certainly stands out on that list as the only guy who's not a sand papery a-hole ... or completely useless. Sorry Butch.

I think it's long overdue for Canes fans to learn to move on. Good luck to Paul, glad they are not still in Atlanta. But Im tired of worrying about all of the formers.

Back