• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bournival

Thanks man.

I have been wondering about him. He will be a solid replacement for Prust. I hope he is back soon.

After his two goal game I spoke to Bournival and coach Lefebvre on his comeback. http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/03/22/five-minutes-michael-bournival-sylvain-lefebvre/

EDITOR ALERT:

Bournival also spoke about being put at left wing and being centred by Sven Andrighetto, who played his first two pro games as a centre this week, “We have good chemistry together and it makes a good line. My entire life I’ve played both (centre and wing) with swithching during the year so I’m used to (switching).”

Extra H in switching.

Good little piece, thanks!

Bournival is a solid replacement for the likes of Brier, Gionta, Bourque.

Bourque and Gionta better be gone this summer. Trade Bourque for a bag of pucks, someone may bite at the draft.

trade bourque for anything, then let Gionta walk and use that combined salary towards Vanek.

I don't see anyone taking Bourque. He'll probably have to be bought out.

I'd be shocked if someone wanted to take him.

I don't see anyone taking Bourque. He'll probably have to be bought out.

I'd be shocked if someone wanted to take him.

This is what I thought but there was a tonne of rumours about him almost getting moved on draft day, they mentioned him on TSN repeatedly as they were working on a deal.

This is what I thought but there was a tonne of rumours about him almost getting moved on draft day, they mentioned him on TSN repeatedly as they were working on a deal.

his cap and salary owing is moveable , he doesnt have a contract like Clarkson or Leino , take back a short term replacement for some d help since Cube , Murray, Weaver , etc...arent coming back . Leafs were able to move Liles for a serviceable Gleason we should be able to do the same in the summer.

his cap and salary owing is moveable , he doesnt have a contract like Clarkson or Leino , take back a short term replacement for some d help since Cube , Murray, Weaver , etc...arent coming back . Leafs were able to move Liles for a serviceable Gleason we should be able to do the same in the summer.

Another idea is we keep a bit of the salary too, so they would only have to pay $2m and get a $3.5m cap hit, a team like the Isles might go for it.

Bourque can be traded. His size and speed and decent defensive game makes him a better option than a lot of players in the league. At $5M over the next two seasons, that's not too restrictive for a team that want to take a chance on him. I'm sure there's a team or two out there that think they can fix him.

Good thing, we needed Bournival with his speed and intensity.

Something Eller wasn't bringing much in the last... well... since 2014.

Good thing, we needed Bournival with his speed and intensity.

Something Eller wasn't bringing much in the last... well... since 2014.

I almost wouldn't mind keeping Bournival down until the end of the Dogs season, then call him up, he's gained some real confidence down there and it would be good to reinforce it, I think he has the potential to be a 30+ point 3rd liner but he won't reach that potential if he spends 2 seasons on the 4th line with plugs.

I almost wouldn't mind keeping Bournival down until the end of the Dogs season, then call him up, he's gained some real confidence down there and it would be good to reinforce it, I think he has the potential to be a 30+ point 3rd liner but he won't reach that potential if he spends 2 seasons on the 4th line with plugs.

agreed , a solid Chris Kelly type with better wheels

Back