• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 75 | Canadiens vs. Detroit | Mar. 27/14

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
extralarge.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

41-26-7 : 87 Points
(2nd Place in the Atlantic Division)

large.png

33-25-14 : 80 Points
(4th Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 53
Wins: 30
Loses: 18
OTL: 5
SO: 5
GAA: 2.36
Save%: .925

Red Wings

3772.gif

#35 Jimmy Howard
GPI: 45
Wins: 17
Loses: 17
OTL: 11
SO: 2
GAA: 2.68
Save%: .911

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

Red Wings Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (20)Thomas Vanek
(48)Daniel Brière - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (21)Brian Gionta
(17)Rene Bourque - (27)Alex Galchenyuk - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(49)Michael Bournival - (81)Lars Eller - (53)Ryan White

defencemen.gif

(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(24)Jarred Tinordi - (76)P.K. Subban
(6)Douglas Murray - (43)Mike Weaver

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(30)Peter Budaj

Meetings This Season:

Jan. 24th, 2014:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Feb. 26th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
1 (OT)

Former Red Wings Now Playing For The Canadiens

None

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Red Wings

None

redwings_zpsfc2a4a8d.jpg

GiontaBudajDet_zps144d2bf5.jpg

TinordiMurrayDet_zps6569de60.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
TSN-HD.gif
&
FoxSpoDet_zps2e4ad9f9.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Re: Game 75 | Canadiens vs. Detroit | Mar. 26/14

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013021095

Red Wings continue playoff drive against Canadiens

By Brian Hedger

CANADIENS (41-26-7) AT RED WINGS (33-25-14)

TV: RDS, TSN, FS-D

Last 10: Montreal 6-4-0; Detroit 5-4-1

Season series: This will be the third of four games between the Montreal Canadiens and Detroit Red Wings, who are Atlantic Division rivals after Detroit moved to the Eastern Conference this season. The Red Wings won the first two games, including a 2-1 overtime victory Feb. 26 at Bell Centre in Montreal.

Big story: The Red Wings let two points slip through their fingers in a 4-2 loss Tuesday at the Columbus Blue Jackets. Detroit started Wednesday clinging to the final Eastern Conference wild-card spot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs despite being tied in points (80) with three other teams.

The Canadiens have won three straight games and five of the past six to rebound from a stretch where they dropped four of five games. The win streak helped Montreal climb to second in the Atlantic, two points ahead of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: This is the start of a tough four-game trip for Montreal, which has two less games left than Tampa Bay. The Canadiens went 1-for-6 on the power play and won 2-0 in ugly fashion Tuesday against the Buffalo Sabres, but still moved up two points in the division standings.

They were coming off emotionally-draining victories against the rival Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins, so coach Michel Therrien wasn't too down about lacking style points against Buffalo.

"You can't have the same emotion in every game, but what I liked about our team [Tuesday] was that we didn't change anything,” Therrien said. "They got a great game from [goaltender Matt Hackett]. He made some great saves, especially in the second period, but we didn't worry about Buffalo. We played our game and that's what we have to do."

Red Wings: Detroit didn't get a point for the first time in its past five games after losing to Columbus, but there is good news on the injury front. The Red Wings continue to filter injured players back into the lineup with 10 games left and each one brings added hope that a 23rd straight playoff appearance will happen in the Motor City.

Rookie forward Tomas Jurco (rib) is set to play against Montreal and top center Pavel Datsyuk (knee) might be close. Meanwhile, forward Gustav Nyquist remains hot. He's scored a goal in six straight games and has 25 goals in 47 contests.

"Maybe [he] found out that he can shoot the puck," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "That's something we suggested wouldn't be such a bad idea, shooting the puck, and now he's on a roll and feeling good about himself."

Who's hot: Montreal goaltender Carey Price stopped 24 shots against the Sabres on Tuesday for his fifth shutout of the season. ... Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar has two goals and three assists in the past four games.

Injury report: Canadiens center Lars Eller (lower body) is day-to-day, forward Brandon Prust (rib) is out for the rest of the regular season, forward Dale Wiese (hand) is sidelined for 2-3 weeks, defenseman Josh Gorges (hand surgery) is out for several weeks and forward Travis Moen (concussion-like symptoms) will miss at least a week. ... Detroit will be without captain Henrik Zetterberg (back), center Stephen Weiss (hernia), defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (finger fracture), forward Justin Abdelkader (leg laceration), forward Daniel Cleary (knee) and forward Mikael Samuelsson (shoulder). Datsyuk (knee) will likely miss the game but is nearing a return.

Game is March 27 in case people are searching their TVs for it tonight lol

I put the wrong date on the thread...would a mod be kind enough to fix it for me? :)

I was supposed go to the game but damn kidney stone surgery was scheduled for today and I am not feeling well ! Damn!

Last edited:
D pairings from morning skate:

Markov - Subban
Murray - Emelin
Tinordi - Weaver

Although now it looks like Bouillon will play and Murray won't.

I'd really like to beat Detroit... they've beaten us both games this season. I don't want them being in our heads if we happen to meet them at some point in the playoffs.

I'd really like to beat Detroit... they've beaten us both games this season. I don't want them being in our heads if we happen to meet them at some point in the playoffs.

The boys should be cranked up for this game because of that very fact (should be). Nice to see Tinordi in the lineup again...

The boys should be cranked up for this game because of that very fact (should be). Nice to see Tinordi in the lineup again...

Yep. I'm happy to see MT rotate depth players to alleviate fatigue and keep players sharp heading into the playoff grind.

Back