• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 78 | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | Apr. 4/14

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png
VsPunch_zps26bb136a.gif
extralarge.png

2013-14 Regular Season Record:

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

43-27-7 : 93 Points
(3rd Place in the Atlantic Division)

large.png

32-30-14 : 78 Points
(6th Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Montréal

BudajMask2014_zps19a5b0f9.jpg

#30 Peter Budaj
GPI: 22
Wins: 9
Loses: 8
OTL: 2
SO: 1
GAA: 2.41
Save%: .910

Senators

2293.gif

#41 Craig Anderson
GPI: 50
Wins: 23
Loses: 15
OTL: 8
SO: 3
GAA: 3.02
Save%: .910

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

Senators Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (20)Thomas Vanek
(27)Alex Galchenyuk - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(81)Lars Eller - (48)Daniel Brière - (21)Brian Gionta
(17)Rene Bourque - (53)Ryan White - (49)Michael Bournival

defencemen.gif

(79)Andrei Markov - (74)Alexei Emelin
(55)Francis Bouillon - (76)P.K. Subban
(24)Jarred Tinordi - (43) Mike Weaver

goalies.gif

(30)Peter Budaj
(31)Carey Price

Meetings This Season:

Nov. 7th, 2013:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Jan. 14th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
3 (SO)

Jan. 16th, 2013:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png
4 (OT)

Mar. 15th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
5 (OT)

Former Senators Now Playing For The Canadiens

None

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Senators

None

ZzKWyDQ_zps63c38f55.gif

HabsGoalSens_zpse6ad9ae5.jpg

Weaver43Ott_zpsefc583a3.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
RDSHD.gif
&
cbclogo_zps388576d1.gif

Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013021153

Senators try to keep playoff hopes alive vs. Canadiens

CANADIENS (43-27-7) AT SENATORS (32-30-14)

TV: CBC, RDS

Last 10: Montreal 8-2-0; Ottawa 4-5-1

Season series: This will be the fifth and final game between the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators. Ottawa has earned a point in each, with a 2-0-2 record. Erik Karlsson has one goal and six points in those four games for the Senators.

Big story: Having clinched a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Canadiens are looking to improve their standing in the Atlantic Division. The Senators are hoping to keep their extremely slim playoff hopes alive.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: Montreal has won eight of its past 10 games, but the Canadiens come to Canadian Tire Centre after a 3-1 road loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday. Those two teams are competing for second place in the Atlantic Division, which brings with it home ice advantage against the other in the first round of the playoffs.

Peter Budaj will make the start, his third in the past 12 games. He has one win in his past five starts.

"Hopefully we will be ready to play and it's going to be a good game. Every game against Ottawa is good, so we are looking forward to it," Budaj said after practice Thursday. "I expect nothing less than a good game from [the Senators]. They have a solid team, they have a tough team, they have a very proud team. They always play us hard, especially in their building."

Defenseman Douglas Murray will sit for the next three games after being suspended by the NHL for an illegal check against Lightning defenseman Michael Kostka on Tuesday.

Senators: A 2-1 regulation loss to the New York Islanders on Wednesday was a big blow to Ottawa, which knows it must win out to have any chance at the playoffs.

"We know the situation we are in," center Kyle Turris said Wednesday. "We know we have to win every game the rest of the way just to have a chance…Friday is another day."

Goaltender Craig Anderson will make his third straight start and has allowed three goals in his previous two games.

On Thursday, forward Bobby Ryan addressed the media for the first time since having season-ending surgery for a sports hernia. The Senators are 4-1-1 without Ryan in the lineup.

"I'm doing good, everything went well and I'm moving a little bit better each day," Ryan said. "Obviously the first couple of days I didn't do much at all but I'm starting to walk well and take stairs well and all that kind of stuff. It has been positive."

Who's hot: Canadiens forward Thomas Vanek has five points in his past four games. Max Pacioretty has four goals in five games. … Senators forward Milan Michalek has four goals in his past four games. Anderson has allowed six goals in his past three games and has a .944 save percentage in that span.

Injury report: Canadiens forward Brandon Prust (upper body) will miss the rest of the regular season. Defenseman Josh Gorges (hand) and forward Travis Moen (concussion) are out while wing Dale Weise (upper body) is questionable. … Ryan (sports hernia) is out for Ottawa and center Jason Spezza (lower body) is questionable. Defensemen Jared Cowen (lower body) and Colin Greening (lower body) will not play.

They should win, but will they...who knows. Hope they don't go into a post playoff clinch slide.

CBC Friday night game ... weird. I suppose they thought the game would have importance

CBC Friday night game ... weird. I suppose they thought the game would have importance

was wondering when this would happen.... previous years it was thursday games i believe

guess ill set the pvr now

Back