• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT Devils @ Canes 4/5

brassbonanza

Canes Moderator
Canes sent down Terry and Boy so, we may see Semin and/or the great Drayson Bowman. Murphy called up, and the Devils are also injury riddled. Place should be rockin on Fan Appreciation festivities, should be a tough battle with both sides looking in at playoffs, and NJ surging lately despite lack of manpower.

Get there early to score the team poster and use up the remaining beverage credits :drink
I'm old enough to remember gas stations giving out plastic placemats for kids with a fillup. Putting the poster in a kid's placemat, now that would be cool!

Devils finished their game with the Caps with 8 forwards on the bench. They only started 11 and lost Elias, Henrique and Josefson to injury. At one point, they were down to 7 when Brunner went to the locker room with an equipment problem. They should be a tired team that the Canes should jump on from the start. Will it happen?

Winning every remaining game might not be enough to get them into the playoffs, but winning is more fun than losing. So they need to win.

andyt;2312149They should be a tired team that the Canes should jump on from the start. Will it happen?[/QUOTE said:
Yeah ... like that's going to happen. I simply can't remember the last time this version of the Canes showed anything like a willingness to come out working from the opening draw. It's been months since we've seen that.

I don't know what game Mike Maniscalco was watching tonight, but it sure wasn't the one I was at. He thinks the Canes played well? We were out hustled all night long by a team that played the night before. We were a turnover machine. And Staal and Semin were gawd-awful. I could add Murphy and Nash too, but they ain't getting paid the big bucks.

I listened to him on the way home. Never heard him say they played well. He actually, deservedly so, criticized them as did Forslund.

Anybody know the story behind the team poster tonight? What an absolute piece of.......my only guess is the photographer never showed up or his memory card got corrupted. I mean they even had a contest, as they have in years past, to sit in the stands behind the team during the picture and then they come out with this absolute piece of......a collage of 24 individual pictures, which they deem the team picture???

I don't know what game Mike Maniscalco was watching tonight, but it sure wasn't the one I was at. He thinks the Canes played well? We were out hustled all night long by a team that played the night before. We were a turnover machine. And Staal and Semin were gawd-awful. I could add Murphy and Nash too, but they ain't getting paid the big bucks.

They played like a team playing out the string

I listened to him on the way home. Never heard him say they played well. He actually, deservedly so, criticized them as did Forslund.

They were the first words out of his mouth. I almost drove off the road. It wasn't until Muller was done that he started backtracking.

They were the first words out of his mouth. I almost drove off the road. It wasn't until Muller was done that he started backtracking.

Oh, I stayed for the sweater off the backs ceremony so I didn't start listening until just before Mullers comments. Good to know he tailors his comments off of others comments.....

Vacation is coming up, why should they work hard? Do you, on the last week of work before your annual 6 month vacation work hard?

Columbus needs a mere 3 points in 5 games to officially put us out. If they fail to seal that quickly several other teams, including us of course can end our playoff chance different ways as well over the next 3 days.

Man, guys. And to think I gave up a Saturday night to come watch you work. Although I did see one team working.

I cannot remember when they last won a jersey-off-their-backs game. You'd think of all games they would at least put on a show for that one.

Sheesh. I need to see some major changes made before I re-up. Time to weed the garden.

I cannot remember when they last won a jersey-off-their-backs game. You'd think of all games they would at least put on a show for that one.

Yeah, you'd think... In 2001, when I got Ron Francis' "jersey off-his-back", they were walloped by the Pens and Ron was so maaaddd, he just ripped it off, signed it and took off with just a small stab at something verbal. And we'd already qualified for the playoffs.

I'm glad I wasn't chosen for a shirt off the back after that game. Due to the several beers I had before and during the game, I just may have taken the jersey, thrown it on the ice, and proceeded to relieve my bladder.

What a bunch of candy asses. I have not renewed my tickets and probably wont. It's not the losing that's the problem, it's the type of teams that they have put on the ice for the last several years. No size, no heart, no power play, no one EVER in the high scoring areas.

And what "benefits" do I get as a STH? Not one benefit is geared towards the STH themselves:

4 Vouchers: I already have tickets to every game, what do I need more for? So I can take my deadbeat friends?
Trade-in games: See above.
Playoff priority? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Besides, we all know that as soon as they do make the playoffs, they will offer the same old "put a deposit on next years tickets and get playoff tickets to all games guaranteed" crap.
10% food and beverage credit? That's great, except they raised prices by 10% the year they implemented this, so basically they get you to prepay for concessions, while requiring a 30% deposit, which they earn interest off of for 6 months.

So seriously, what are the real benefits? Please someone give me a reason to renew my season tickets for the 17th season?

T

Back