• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014 Hockey Hall of Fame Class

leafman101

Jon Rosen ‏
Rob Blake will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in November. A very special phone call from earlier today:

Bq1kTueCQAA8Eww.jpg

Elliotte Friedman
Hockey Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees are: Blake, Forsberg, Hasek, Modano, Pat Burns and referee Bill McCreary

That is a good group, glad that Burnsie finally made it - now they can just write about what took them so long..

Burns should've been in way before.
I almost would have understood it more if they'd never inducted him. If they didn't think he was worthy of making it, I'd disagree, but it'd be fair enough.

But since they do apparently believe that he had a Hall-Of-Fame worthy career, what good reason was there for waiting until after he died to induct him?

It was really weird that they didn't put him in when he was alive and they knew he was dying. 500 wins, top 10 all time in playoff wins, only coach to ever win 3 Jack Adams, won a cup. He was a shoo in.

It's still baffling to me how it took this long to get Pat Burns in.

Mitch Melnick ‏Three members of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee (Pat Quinn, Jim Gregory & Serge Savard) replaced this yr & Pat Burns gets in... no way of knowing with all the secrecy involved but can't help but speculate.

It's a travesty that he didn't get in while he was still alive.

And then you had dopes like Michael Farber, who is on the HHOF commitee, defending the Burns omission last year with excuses like (I'm paraphrasing) "Well, there wasn't much clamoring to get Burns in before he dying." and I'm just floored. Absolutely ****ing floored.

In any case, he's in.

Next year, could Makarov and Roggie Vachon please get in with Lidstrom and Fedorov? Pretty please?

Lindros continues to get raped.
Meh, I don't think he deserves to get in. A handful of dominant seasons shouldn't be enough to punch your ticket.

He only deserves to be in the hall of fame if you stack his career up against Cam Neely, who also shouldn't have made it into the hall.

I think Burns is one of the greatest coaches ever. He's the best Leaf coach ever. And he's the last Leaf coach to implement a defensive system.

Oh look, we won a cup with 6 teams. Best coach ever! There's more teams in the CFL before Ottawa joined again.

36eamv.jpg

Oh look, we only beat Habs teams with a dozen future Hall of Famers on it! Beliveau, Harvey, Plante, Richard were garbage! Six team league ROFL. Everyone sucked before Synergy sticks!!!!11!

Back