• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Staal the elder underwent surgery for a torn or strained core muscle

This just begs for a Top Ten list of possible damaged areas. :sarcasm

Like:

- linkage between gear and rear end
- gumption muscle
- tore his lollygagger

You get the idea. Hey, at least he's off-season training...or was.

When did he have the surgery? How soon before he's able to work out?

WT ...

Ugh ... RUTHERFORD!!!!!!

Now I wish more than ever that we had a proactive GM back at the last trade deadline.

Ugh ... RUTHERFORD!!!!!!

Now I wish more than ever that we had a proactive GM back at the last trade deadline.

..and we'd traded Eric? I am still on the fence about that (past, present and future) But yeah, even if we didn't move Eric, we had other pieces we could have acquired at the deadline

Some of the peanut gallery comments on FB and other sites were pretty good on that headline today...

"I didnt realize Eric worked out? Interesting"
"Good"
"and it begins"
"well now he has a new excuse for this season"

Haters going to hate...tough crowds on social media.

Some of the peanut gallery comments on FB and other sites were pretty good on that headline today...

"I didnt realize Eric worked out? Interesting"
"Good"
"and it begins"
"well now he has a new excuse for this season"

Haters going to hate...tough crowds on social media.

Can you blame them when you got tons of guys in the league being paid less but totally out playing Eric? Maybe 'totally' is a stretch but...
With all the star power in the NHL (high first rounders), yeah, outside of the CUP year, Eric's been one HUGE bust. (Denail is NOT a river in Egypt.)

If he doesn't start this season on fire, with a mission/purpose, I say trade him out of here ASAP.

Edited: Neither is Denial. Denail, Denail. Whateva

Last edited:
..and we'd traded Eric? I am still on the fence about that (past, present and future) But yeah, even if we didn't move Eric, we had other pieces we could have acquired at the deadline

Just watch ... with our organizational luck and the lack of commitment to off season conditioning from Carolina's big contract guys, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts this isn't the only player who shows up at camp dinged up, or soon to be so.

This just begs for a Top Ten list of possible damaged areas. :sarcasm

Like:

- linkage between gear and rear end
- gumption muscle
- tore his lollygagger

You get the idea. Hey, at least he's off-season training...or was.

Ovaries???

Well, this news certainly sucks. Staal has been remarkably durable over his career, although you wouldn't know it from his performance last season.

What is the typical sports hernia surgery recovery time for an NHL player? Are their degrees of the injury? Camp starts in what, 6 weeks?

I imagine after this type of injury it will cause Eric to be slow to get up when he falls down or gets checked to the ice. He'll have to use his stick to boost his body back up to skating position.

Oh wait, that is what he's done for the last several years......

I imagine after this type of injury it will cause Eric to be slow to get up when he falls down or gets checked to the ice. He'll have to use his stick to boost his body back up to skating position.

Oh wait, that is what he's done for the last several years......

So then he (nor shall we) have any trouble adjusting, as their will be no change. He's very experienced at this... ahem... 'maneuver'. ;)

Back