• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes @ Flames 9PM

Tryamw

Since one hasn't been posted:

Hurricanes @ the Flames.

Guess I'll watch but not expecting much.

I'd love a win I'll take a loss. But please look like you are trying. Fight for the puck in the dirty areas. Play physical but not stupid.

Game on Foxs Sports South tonight and tomorrow. Ch-325 on TWC in Raleigh, Charlotte & Wilmington

I have been traveling so much for business over the last three weeks that I have (been fortunate to!) yet to watch our Canes play. Perhaps the fact that I'm now home and able to watch tonight will reverse our fortunes!

All I really want is effort.I'm not expecting the 84 Oilers out there,but if theres no will to compete for loose pucks or handling the puck like a hand grenade,I can't stand it.One of our goalies has to get the ball and run with it as well.

I do think the flames are pissed as they lost their last game. So expect them to skate and hit hard. And expect the canes to crawl into a shell again.
Flames by three.

Alright... so I will be in the stands with my gear on... as proud as I CAN be supporting boys that are winless this season and playing about as bad as I have ever seen this franchise play. I'll cheer my ass off... all I ask... like all of you have already asked for... is effort and intelligence. NO FLOATING. ( So Semin better sit, I guess based on what I have seen this year.)

Let's see... the Flames have not won at home this year and are stinging after the last loss and will be wanting to prove a point. They are starting Hiller in net who has been FREAKING PHENOMENAL between the pipes this season. The Flames are a physical hard, hard working bunch that Hartley DEMANDS a lot out of... so there will be no "night off because it is the lowly 'Canes" out there we are playing" attitude from the players... at least not after the first period if that is how they start.

Someone PLEASE PROTECT SKINNER! Not that the Flames have any idiot goons that will run him... but they do have some tough players that are hard on the body and are physical... the way you like to see hockey players play the game. So if there is a big hit somewhere in the game... someone please step up (OTHER THAN JEFF)

If Ward is getting the start (and I think he is...) he is close to where he played his junior years... it'd be nice to see some Karma rub off for him and let him shine.

Bad record against the Flames in the last 9... we are due for a win... right...

RIGHT?

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:

^ It doesn't take a textbook old school goon. I don't consider Trouba a goon at all, but it was very clear that he was headhunting Skinner and trying to take him out for the entire game. I don't know if he as following orders, or just trying to end his night or his career. But it was 100% clear as day to me that he was going after him all night. And when it's that obvious, I'd have no problems with a guy jamming a stick through his mouth and taking out a dozen or 24 teeth! That crap is uncalled for in this age of hockey. Headhunting like he did, repeatedly, should be an automatic 5+ game ban. At the very least, it should have gotten the attention of SOMEONE on the Canes team besides Skinner!

Decent forecheck the Skinner Nash Lindholm line for their first.

Cam got bailed out by the goal post the team also should be thanking it.

Semin with a bad giveaway.

Terry with the first penalty. We go to the PK.

Last edited:
Calgary strikes first looked like it was tipped to me but initial call Wideman.

NM Was on the other side of Cam.

and the Canes end a period where they got outplayed and out chanced.
Gah So frustrating!

Last edited:
Think positive, the canes had 4 shots in the first. That should count for something.

Just wait till Staal the elder is back. Then things will change.

Cward 2 goals in 11 shots.

I'm sorry, 3 goals in 15 shots. The canes have 5 shots now.

geez are the bad. And forslund is talking about the canes scoring three goals and free something. We'll starve.

I'm curious. With another loss pretty much assured tonight, are we flirting with the worst start to a season in franchise history?

Back