• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Sharks 2/7 10:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes wrap up the west coast trip at the Shark Tank.

Canes have points in 6 of their last 7 and are 8-3-3 in 2015. No word on lineup changes but if Murphy can't go, Bellemore will slide in. Morning skate at 11:30 Pacific time.

Sharks won in Vancouver on Thursday. They're 2nd in their division behind the Ducks. Joe Pavelski leads with 28 goals, Thornton has 33 assists.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

It's a late game, so I won't be watching. That's a good time to lose.

The perfect time to lose in fact. Make it so.

FWIW, Pavelski has been on a white hot roll for a couple of weeks. This is a really good, well rounded team ... one you'd figure Carolina would struggle with, but we've played these guy pretty even up over the last few years for whatever reason.

Training camp continues.

Coach says he wants pre-All-Star-break speed and tighter gap control.

...best Jean-Luc Picard voice...Make it so.

Training camp continues.

Coach says he wants pre-All-Star-break speed and tighter gap control.

They have looked sluggish in the last couple of outings. Can't be fatigue because this is one of their slowest stretches of the season in terms of frequency of games. They've only had a single back to back set since the break.

Still looking for that 60-minute game.

And, honestly...that's not too much to ask.

I have been so ambivalent to this team that I did not realize they where in San Jose at the same weekend that I was in San Francisco. Extended my stay a night, moved down to San Jose, and heading to the Shark Tank this evening. Hoping for some effort from both teams

I have been so ambivalent to this team that I did not realize they where in San Jose at the same weekend that I was in San Francisco. Extended my stay a night, moved down to San Jose, and heading to the Shark Tank this evening. Hoping for some effort from both teams

Nice!

From the "morning" (our afternoon) skate:

E. Staal / J. Staal / Tlusty
Skinner / Rask / Lindholm
Gerbe / Nestrasil / Semin
Malone / McClement / Dwyer

Some shuffling on the right side there from the last starting lineup, some of which occurred during the game.

Tlusty with the Staals on his off-wing, but those two are all over the ice, so not that important.

Lindholm reunited with Skinner. Seems like it's been a while since we've seen that young lions line of Skinner / Rask / Lindholm. May youth be served.

Hertl gets one back, but Lindholm restores order on the PP, 3-1 Canes midway through the 2nd

San Jose gets 2 back tied at 3. shades of Anaheim

And then (10m ish later) Sekera scores as Dwyer Crashes the net.

Tripp makes his obligatory Timeout reference.

Rask pots the EN after Lindholm pots the post from Center ice.

Marleau pots a goal to get it back within 1. SJ ices the puck :30 to go.

Last edited:
Showed a lot of heart tonight. Damn this team's bad start to the season.

This... so much this.

20 points out of a playoff spot, and yet at this point they almost seem capable of actually pulling off a 10 game winning streak like they did in '09.

I would like the team if I believed any of the recent play was something that would last long term. I honestly like this Hurricanes team less than at any point in the last.....well ever. I am tired of the winning when it doesn't count (and yes, I know that sounds stupid). If I had not seen this script before I might be falling for it but I know how the story ends. They just leave me feeling frustrated and a little angry at this point as I am starting to feel like management might be buying this crap.

Taking the recent 15 game stretch and projecting it out to a 98 point (or whatever) season next year is about as meaningful as Player X starting a year with 3 goals in the first two games of the season and thinking they will project out to break Gretzky's single season goal record. It isn't going to happen. Who in the division are the Canes actually better than heading into next year.....maybe New Jersey? This team still needs serious upgrades all over.

I would like the team if I believed any of the recent play was something that would last long term. I honestly like this Hurricanes team less than at any point in the last.....well ever.
Yeah it was better when they were winless in October. Much easier on the eyes.

Yay! Annoyed. Read other posts. Ditto. What a waste of soup. Great job in Arizona and nice game against the Sharks. Glad, that yet again, for yet another list of reasons that we get to watch some competitive hockey in yet another...COMPLETLY MEANINGLESS SEASON. (Cause we sure how to make even losing, meaningless). Nice that again the team stank out of the gates and are in this same old position now...I guess then the issue is THAT. Getting the team ready for the START of the season and not January 1st. Bleh

Back