• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Euro 2016

davemess

Draw was today

Group A: France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland

Group B: England, Wales, Slovakia, Russia

Group C: Germany, Northern Ireland, Poland, Ukraine

Group D: Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic, Croatia

Group E: Belgium, Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Italy

Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Hungary, Austria

First time I've seen the draw and don't know what anyone else is saying but group E looks pretty brutal.

First time I've seen the draw and don't know what anyone else is saying but group E looks pretty brutal.

Makes sense. The Irish finally get back in and are rewarded with a freaking salt mine of a group.

And C looks pretty easy.

As does Group A, honestly. The French should be able to walk the dog in that group.

Wish they had scheduled a little bit more of an enticing matchup for the opener, but UEFA were so busy giving the host team a break in the group draw that they forgot to actually give themselves a compelling matchup. Whoops. I guess I just accused them of acting like CONCACAF ... sorry?

Will be interesting to see if France can handle the pressure of playing at home.

Know they did last time back in 98 for the world cup that was a team filed with some superstar players at their absolute pomp. This current team is a little younger so handling the pressure might not come as easily to them.

Will be interesting to see if France can handle the pressure of playing at home.

Know they did last time back in 98 for the world cup that was a team filed with some superstar players at their absolute pomp. This current team is a little younger so handling the pressure might not come as easily to them.

They struggled for a bit. Giroud was as wasteful for country as he is for Arsenal before breaking through. Evra conceded a lazy penalty to let Romania back in but Payet scored on a screamer from just outside the box in the 89th minute to win it.

Expanding this to 24 teams was such a mistake.

2nd game of the tournament and it couldn't be arsed to watch

Albania 0-1 Switzerland

"The Russian authorities were fined 30,000 euros ($37,500) for racially insulting Czech Republic defender Theodor Gebre Selassie, who is black."

Good thing you can always count on UEFA to properly deal with issues and give real punitive punishments. I'm sure they'll handle this situation with their usual aplomb.

"The Russian authorities were fined 30,000 euros ($37,500) for racially insulting Czech Republic defender Theodor Gebre Selassie, who is black."

Good thing you can always count on UEFA to properly deal with issues and give real punitive punishments. I'm sure they'll handle this situation with their usual aplomb.

[sarcasm]But, but, but UEFA put them on probation too, which shows how seriously UEFA deals with this crap.[/sarcasm]

Reports are now indicating that there is a coordinated group of Russian hooligans that are "well trained" in violent hit and run attacks.

Hmm. How well trained exactly?

And I'm absolutely positive that the World Cup in Russia is going to go GREAT.

Belgium 0-2 Italy

Italy looked really good, solid at the back and playing great counter attacking stuff (bit Leicester like).

Belgium full of star names but playing to slow and predictable (like Man U).

Back