• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Draft Chatter 2016

Re: 2016 MLB Dynasty Draft Thread (KB OTC)

I have sent King Brodeur multiple messages on Facebook. He's been on several times... no reply and he hasn't picked.

Re: 2016 MLB Dynasty Draft Thread (KB OTC)

You sent me two, which I suppose is technically multiple since it is more than one. While it may have shown as 'on' I was in fact out all night, and only just saw your messages, so this is the earliest I have been able to pick.

I assure you that I was far more obnoxious than that.

I sent you a message that you were up. Then and hour later I just sent a thumbs up.... then 40 minutes later I sent another thumbs up and an "are you going to pick?" Only because it said "online now" or "17min" every time I looked.

It must automatically connect you periodically if you don't sign out.

Re: 2016 MLB Dynasty Draft Thread (Blueman OTC)

our 2016 draft reminds me of this tweet I read yesterday... which I enjoyed.

"we've all agreed on a slow draft. 6 hours to pick. John's on the clock."

[84 seconds go by]

LEAGUE MEMBER: "John are you jackin it wtf"

our 2016 draft reminds me of this tweet I read yesterday... which I enjoyed.

"we've all agreed on a slow draft. 6 hours to pick. John's on the clock."

[84 seconds go by]

LEAGUE MEMBER: "John are you jackin it wtf"

So true.

On the flip side though, we do a slow draft not so that people can take 12 hours to make their pick. It's so that people don't miss their pick when they are unable to get to a computer in 5 minutes. People should still be expected to pick in a timely fashion if at all possible.

I say that with nobody in particular in mind.... just a general statement.

Oh ya, I'm definitely LEAGUE MEMBER as well. I don't pick for a while and I still hit refresh every 15 mins.

Good I thought I was the only one that does that.

Re: 2016 MLB Dynasty Draft Thread (Matrim OTC)

Every draft has lulls, and everyone who isn't on the clock is always impatient (myself included) for the next pick to occur. Especially those that are online constantly.

Real life just gets in the way sometimes....and I'd prefer people utilize the clock to make informed picks, than rushing to get a pick in just because others (myself included) are being impatient.

It's a Dynasty League and these picks are valuable long term pieces.....make wise/informed/well thought out picks gents.....and no don't let our impatience pressure you to pick quickly.

I would like to express the exact opposite sentiment.

Hurry up, you ****s.

I was able to say that only because (a) I'm not sitting on a upcoming pick, and (b) the knowledge this draft is about to hit light speed with all the picks you've got coming up, hah.

Every draft has lulls, and everyone who isn't on the clock is always impatient (myself included) for the next pick to occur. Especially those that are online constantly.

Real life just gets in the way sometimes....and I'd prefer people utilize the clock to make informed picks, than rushing to get a pick in just because others (myself included) are being impatient.

It's a Dynasty League and these picks are valuable long term pieces.....make wise/informed/well thought out picks gents.....and no don't let our impatience pressure you to pick quickly.

I agree to a large extent. However, this is not a surprise draft and you do know that you have picks coming up... no reason to not be prepared with a couple options.

....people just need to chill and be less impatient.

It'll all get done in time, just like it always does.

People just need to be more prepared and respect the other managers.

It'll get done faster.

You're implying KB wasn't prepared and/or is disrespecting people by not selecting........which (a) doesn't appear to have been the case, and (b) kind of sucks the fun out of these things by adding a level of tension that just isn't necessary.

The clock is there specifically for instances like that which KB had, where he was unable to make his pick for a few hours.....then made his pick when he could.

I realize a bunch of us (myself included) enjoy checking the thread constantly and get anxious when a long time passes between picks. But that's more on us than it is the drafters.....real life circumstances take precedent, and just because we're online and would have picked, doesn't mean all other 19 other managers were, in that time frame.

Yeah. Not everyone has all their data on hand, or are out for the day, etc...
I know myself, starting next week I'm off in Germany for work for the next month after. So if my picks come up in the evening Eastern time, don't expect me to make my picks until the next morning.

With the 11th pick in the draft, Mindz is pleased to select, from the Hiroshima Carp (seriously...): RHP Kenta Maeda

maeda_m_oihbj05q.gif

Hiroshima Carp...clearly they're radioactive.

You're implying KB wasn't prepared and/or is disrespecting people by not selecting........which (a) doesn't appear to have been the case, and (b) kind of sucks the fun out of these things by adding a level of tension that just isn't necessary.

The clock is there specifically for instances like that which KB had, where he was unable to make his pick for a few hours.....then made his pick when he could.

No, like I say in the quote below from earlier in the thread. The purpose of the time limit is for people like KB who are unable to pick because they're at work or out for dinner or whatnot.

I realize a bunch of us (myself included) enjoy checking the thread constantly and get anxious when a long time passes between picks. But that's more on us than it is the drafters.....real life circumstances take precedent, and just because we're online and would have picked, doesn't mean all other 19 other managers were, in that time frame.

For sure... I definitely get antsy... but mostly I get antsy when people use the clock because they can. Like when you have the 25th pick and you decide to start doing 5 hours of research once you're on the clock.

So true.

On the flip side though, we do a slow draft not so that people can take 12 hours to make their pick. It's so that people don't miss their pick when they are unable to get to a computer in 5 minutes. People should still be expected to pick in a timely fashion if at all possible.

I say that with nobody in particular in mind.... just a general statement.

I definitely don't want KB to think I directed this at him... and I specifically I had no one in mind so he wouldn't think I meant him.

Plus he's used to me being antsy during drafts... so **** him.

Back