• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

HNIC GDT : Leafs vs Habs, special game for sleeper agent

number17

Mod Squad
Pleks has been playing like crap since the trade, and maybe playing against his former team is the wake up call he needs to find his game again.

Other than that, there REALLY isn't a whole lot of reason to get excited about this game. There's really little to fight for in terms of the standing and playoff, we'll face the Bruins no matter what. The Habs also have nothing to fight for at this point of the season but maybe a bit of pride.

Komarov and Martin are both out, and we'll have ...

Johnsson-Nylander-Hyman
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JvR-Bozak-Brown
Moore-Plekanec-Kapanen

I'm also kinda hoping Sparks will get a start tonight (especially since the game is of so little significance) but McBackup gets the call again.

Gallagher doesn't even try to not smash McBackup in the head there, no call right in front of the ref

It’s st Patty’s day, the Irish kid gets a pass against the Irish goalie.

Nylanders line struggling early, I firmly feel like Willy has a gear that we haven’t seen yet

tumblr_nbgf0x1h1P1rw0sbuo5_400.gif

Pretty bad period for the Leafs.

I'm sure zeke will come up with some qualcompCFhighdangerBlob stat to show that we played well, though.

Fwiw, possession has been pretty even, the Habs have a slightly better blob than the Leafs have so far 5 on 5.

aaaand Kappy makes it 2-0

Nah, just think advanced stats aren't the be all end all.

Much better this period from the Buds.

Of course it is...it's been a ****ing wipe out.

8-0 in High Danger Chances
25-6 in Corsi

If this is what you're expecting regularly, the problem is your expectations.

This isn't "much better", this is "near perfect".

Lindgren has made about 5 absolutely stunning saves so far tonight. Could easily be 4-0 right now.

Back