• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Florida @ Carolina 7PM EST

Tryamw

For those that care there is a hockey game tonight.
The hurricanes have a streak going into tonights game (losing but still)
Their Offense can't score nor can their Defense.

They find themselves LAST in the Metro and 14th in the East.
Florida is 15 BTW. and After tonight I predict we'll swap places (yay?)
This season has really come unglued of late and looks to need a Columbus from last year style winning streak. Sadly with the team and players as they are (In a malaise) I can't see that happening

For those that go Enjoy the atmosphere and food / drink (Heavily into the latter:p) For those watching at home Hope you have something to keep you awake. (like a :banghead: :p)

Hoping for a win but expecting none of that tonight.

Oh yeah game is 7 Nov 2017

Are the Canes poor starts of late a reflection on the leaders or coach? Has Peters lost the room or is there a problem in the room?

If the Canes come out flat again tonight, I think RF has to fire Peters and get someone else in here that can bring this team together. Where are Kevin11 and Aulfie right now?

I can't see Karmanos paying 2 people to coach this team so I expect no firing no matter what refuse is left on the ice.

Lines and pairings at the morning skate

Aho/Staal/Teravainen
Skinner/Ryan/Lindholm
McGinn/Rask/Williams
Nordstrom/Kruger/Jooris

Slavin/Faulk
Fleury/TVR
Hanifin/McKeown

Darling in goal

Both Pesce and Stempniak skated in regular jerseys so we might see Pesce back in the lineup on Friday. Peters said that Stempniak is still a ways away.

2nd Liner Derek Ryan. Just kind of get's you right here... Along with Chad LaRose 1st liner.

:help

Obviously this is a big game for the Canes.

How about we take control of a home game right from the beginning, get 3 goals in the first period and keep pouring it on for a change? Its growing very very tiresome watching this team having to try to come back every home game. We haven't scored the first goal in ANY of our 5 home games so far. That is completely unacceptable.

As for those line...meh. Nothing is going to look good if Ryan is in the top 9 really. I do like that they are playing McKeown again. I thought it was ridiculous that he only played 9:05 in that Arizona game. As if he was the reason we couldn't score any goals.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand the reasoning behind Williams on the checking line, but whatever. Just come out with some passion for a change.

2nd Liner Derek Ryan. Just kind of get's you right here... Along with Chad LaRose 1st liner.

:help
Given the holes in our lineup at center the lines are going to look ugly. We can blame Ryan but Rask not getting it done really makes a problem at that position a disaster.

Rask needs to step up. Not just him but if he doesn't there is no fix in sight. he needs to at least be a good option at 3c.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Obviously this is a big game for the Canes.

How about we take control of a home game right from the beginning, get 3 goals in the first period and keep pouring it on for a change? Its growing very very tiresome watching this team having to try to come back every home game. We haven't scored the first goal in ANY of our 5 home games so far. That is completely unacceptable.

As for those line...meh. Nothing is going to look good if Ryan is in the top 9 really. I do like that they are playing McKeown again. I thought it was ridiculous that he only played 9:05 in that Arizona game. As if he was the reason we couldn't score any goals.

You're sounding like me now cmal - dreaming in technicolor? Expect status quo

If I were coach:

Aho\Rask\Williams
Skinner\Staal\Lindholm
McGinn\Kruger\Terravainen
Nordstrom\Ryan\Jooris

OR

Skinner\Rask\Aho
Terravainen\Staal\Williams
McGinn\Kruger\Lindholm
Nordstrom\Ryan\Jooris

More importantly is matching whatever lines properly against those of Florida

Florida is DFL in the league in goals against per game, averaging 4.23 GA/game. Of course, Arizona is 2nd worst at 4.06 and you see how well that worked out. Panthers are 29th on the PK at 70.6%, they're slightly better on the road at 72.2%

As has been said repeatedly, our biggest problem is no true #1 Center. And no one has stepped up to be a #2 Center either. From all appearances Rask is too much of a light weight to be an effective center. Why not see what Lindholm can bring to that position and put Rask in the press box for a couple games?

Skinner-Lindholm-Williams

For those that care there is a hockey game tonight.
The hurricanes have a streak going into tonights game (losing but still)
Their Offense can't score nor can their Defense.

They find themselves LAST in the Metro and 14th in the East.
Florida is 15 BTW. and After tonight I predict we'll swap places (yay?)
This season has really come unglued of late and looks to need a Columbus from last year style winning streak. Sadly with the team and players as they are (In a malaise) I can't see that happening

For those that go Enjoy the atmosphere and food / drink (Heavily into the latter:p) For those watching at home Hope you have something to keep you awake. (like a :banghead: :p)

Hoping for a win but expecting none of that tonight.

Oh yeah game is 7 Nov 2017

There might be a handful left that care, the rest just laugh at fools like Karmanos that ruined a great thing. When do the moving trucks arrive in the dead of the night?

Last edited:
line of williams rask and mcginn has looked good and were finally rewarded. then just like that its tied again

Shoot the Polar's Wording puck!!!!!!

Oh they shoot it alright...greatest NHL club to shoot it everywhere but in the back of the net. How many years of the same garbage when it comes to not having a clue when it comes to finishing golden scoring opportunities. It’s just maddening to watch and it NEVER gets better.

end of 2. 38 shots, 5pps and 1 goal.
Against Phoenix and Colorado was pretty much the same. Colorado was what 60 shots? Phoenix was over 30.
120 shots on net and zilch to show. Shades of Christmas’s past.
Either they are running into the hottest goalies in the world or
Taking bad angle shots
Not getting the shot off quick enough and giving the goalie time to setup
No one in front to tip or rebound.
NAh, with Peters as a coach it must be the hottest goalies in the world.

Felt like we were going to lose this one the whole way, until we scored a - gasp - 2nd goal in the 3rd. It just had that wash, rinse, repeat feel that we've come to know all too well. Nice to see a home win again, regardless.

Back