• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The alumni is turning on Bergevin

I don't think it's a must that the GM speaks French (as a first language). Isn't Gainey from Peterborough?

With that said - I don't really care what the alumni say.

I care about the current admin making proper and modern decisions. Which they don't....

Our only hope was to get an owner rich enough and gutsy enough to tell the francophone media to shove it and instruct his minions to hire the best possible people for all front office positions regardless of language. As long as the ability to speak French (or, more accurately, to BE French) is the main pre-requisite for the job this team is fcuked and so are us fans. There simply are not enough qualified, competent francophones out there to choose from and the few who are qualified are not elite. They are not the best available candidates but merely the best available francophone candidates, which is not nearly the same thing.

Savard has turned on MB a long time ago. When he hired MB, he was hoping to stay in the organization as a consultant/mentor but Bergevin was quick to kick him to the curb. He never forgave him for that.

Still not sure why people are harping about only hiring a Franco GM. Pretty sure Gainey wasn't Franco.

Gainey was hired by Gillett, not Molson. Geoff allows Serge Savard to do his GM hiring and Savard believes that only a francophone should get the job.

As usual, the problem is at the top, in the owner's office.

Additionally, Gainey gained points for being Hab royalty and having a basic command of the local language.

Still not sure why people are harping about only hiring a Franco GM. Pretty sure Gainey wasn't Franco.
GM doesn't have to be Franco, just speak French is what Savard is saying and Molson didn't hire Gainey and likely never would have, Gillett hired Gainey.

Savard has turned on MB a long time ago. When he hired MB, he was hoping to stay in the organization as a consultant/mentor but Bergevin was quick to kick him to the curb. He never forgave him for that.

Savard was a guest today on TSN 690. One of the hosts asked him why he hired MB. Savard went on and on about his scouting background, etc. Then he seemed to suggest MB unfortunately lacked people skills and that was his downfall. LOL. For example if there was a problem with Subban it should have been dealt behind closed doors, and Therrien should not have criticized him publicly. And then finally trading him as a knee jerk reaction.

Savard was a guest today on TSN 690. One of the hosts asked him why he hired MB. Savard went on and on about his scouting background, etc. Then he seemed to suggest MB unfortunately lacked people skills and that was his downfall. LOL. For example if there was a problem with Subban it should have been dealt behind closed doors, and Therrien should not have criticized him publicly. And then finally trading him as a knee jerk reaction.

He didn't hire MB. GM did.

You clearly missed the point, just like Idiot Bolduke.

Enlighten me. I simply responded to your false comment that Savard did not hire MB, and that Molson did.

At the very LEAST they made the decision together, and in all likelihood Molson entrusted Savard to make the decision all together.

Molson has a balancing act to do in a market like MTL....

Beer sales vs hockey operations

As long as he keeps French management, the media will never be on his back like with Randy Cunneyworth fiasco....sure media is bitching, but it's nothing like when Randy C got promoted.

Balancing act....that's why getting Drouin was important.....sure he's talented, but he's mostly Quebecois....team sucks, but at least we have French coach, French star forward, French GM....the crowds won't come torch the Bell Center......yet

My statement is not false. Geoff Molson hired MB.

And Carey Price wins games. Doesn't mean that nobody helped.

I would also imagine that Molson merely provided the pen stroke in the transaction. Safe bet that Molson was the footnote in the hiring process not Savard.

Back