• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

giphy.gif

There is no backtracking.... I'll analyze as I go.

Players change and so can opinions.

If I was wrong last year, I'll admit it.... but while he's looking better, he's still got a long way to go to be a useful NHL player, and I'm still saying it isn't likely.

Saying a guy is having a nice stretch... and he is.... isn't saying he's the second coming.

There is no backtracking.... I'll analyze as I go.
That's the approach I prefer.

Players change and so can opinions.
Yep

If I was wrong last year, I'll admit it.... but while he's looking better, he's still got a long way to go to be a useful NHL player, and I'm still saying it isn't likely.
That's the thing, you weren't wrong last year. EVERYTHING pointed towards him being a total bust and terrible pick. IF he can continue to rack up big points then it's reasonable to start having higher expectations. I mean really, how far could someone hold onto those that opinion based on his terrible year? Like if he was putting up a point a game in the NHL in a couple years would some people still point to his shitty OHL season as proof that he sucks?

Saying a guy is having a nice stretch... and he is.... isn't saying he's the second coming.
Exactly... lets just hope this hot streak becomes a huge year and leads to him being the second coming.

Good game from him. Credit where its due, he looks better than last season.

The goal was an empty netter, but its the assists that were impressive. They were all primary assists, and not the cheapie variety.

Why he doesn't score much ? He is winger after all ...

That's the approach I prefer.

Yep

That's the thing, you weren't wrong last year. EVERYTHING pointed towards him being a total bust and terrible pick. IF he can continue to rack up big points then it's reasonable to start having higher expectations. I mean really, how far could someone hold onto those that opinion based on his terrible year? Like if he was putting up a point a game in the NHL in a couple years would some people still point to his shitty OHL season as proof that he sucks?

Exactly... lets just hope this hot streak becomes a huge year and leads to him being the second coming.
Well not i am comparing him to Lucic ( actually i remember he did himself!) but Lucic first season with GIANTS wasn't that good either and in his second season he scored 30 goals in 70 games , so have to be patient with big players ....

Well not i am comparing him to Lucic ( actually i remember he did himself!) but Lucic first season with GIANTS wasn't that good either and in his second season he scored 30 goals in 70 games , so have to be patient with big players ....
Comparing lucic's first season post draft vs mccarons first season post draft we see lucic almost double the points per game.

Yes That is true, but still 68 points is not amazing stats in junior level for player he became after .

Thing is, Lucic even at 68 points was an outlier. Guys with that type of post draft productions rarely make the NHL let alone have a significant impact like Lucic.

It will happen again someday. A guy with that type of production or worse will become an impact NHLer... but there's just no way to really predict it.

Given MM's production to this point this season.... IF he can keep it up then MAYBE he's that guy. But that's still a really big long shot.

Why he doesn't score much ? He is winger after all ...

4 goals and 12 assists. It's a bit of an anomaly right now. it's usuallly the smaller skilled forwards that are the playmakers pilling up the assists. Bigger forwards tend to crash the net and score more goals.

Thing is, Lucic even at 68 points was an outlier. Guys with that type of post draft productions rarely make the NHL let alone have a significant impact like Lucic.

It will happen again someday. A guy with that type of production or worse will become an impact NHLer... but there's just no way to really predict it.

Given MM's production to this point this season.... IF he can keep it up then MAYBE he's that guy. But that's still a really big long shot.

Totally agree ..

Because of his size and willingness to fight, McCarron will probably get a decent chance to make it. And right now he's proving he can play on the top line and the PP on a decent OHL team. Add those things together and the chances are looking a bit better than a longshot.

Back