• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

After a month to think about it (a little), I'm even more convinced Bergevin made a colossal error drafting the Finn over Zadina. Unbelievable.

I dont see it , JK may take a little longer to develop but dont see much a of a drop off with Zadina .

I think Zadina will be excellent and will probably produce more points in his career than Jesperi but I think we will be satisfied with having a big solid 2 way center in the lineup. I'd generally take the 60 points center over the 70 points winger. But I think both have the potential for more.

After a month to think about it (a little), I'm even more convinced Bergevin made a colossal error drafting the Finn over Zadina. Unbelievable.

from the analysis since draft day it appears more and more that the finn was the better option
but who knows how this plays out

from the analysis since draft day it appears more and more that the finn was the better option
but who knows how this plays out

Exactly , you could do a redraft in 5 years and that first round looks very different

I am more intrigued with our second rounders this year Worm

i think we have to get some big hits beyond the first round in the coming years to have a legit chance at a cup.....ever

What analysis? I’m hearing the Finn is slow and awkward and Zadina is lights out.

stuff like this

8dd27bf2a06775deef0d487cbda7b204.jpg

Zadina has the potential of a big time goal scorer. A guy who puts the puck in the net. A foreign object mostly in these parts for quite awhile. Think Patrick Kane. Or likely not, but still......The 60 point centre is not enough for a third overall pick.

The Wings have the potential here to turn their whole future around in one draft and right its course to more Cups.I don't feel the same on our side.

Not wishing anything ill towards Zadina, but I hope I'm mocked for this post someday.

Last edited:
Zadina has the potential of a big time goal scorer. A guy who puts the puck in the net. A foreign object mostly in these parts for quite awhile. Think Patrick Kane. Or likely not, but still......The 60 point centre is not enough for a third overall pick.

The Wings have the potential here to turn their whole future around in one draft and right its course to more Cups.I don't feel the same on our side.

Not wishing anything ill towards Zadina, but I hope I'm mocked for this post someday.

you greatly overate the upside of zadina - maybe Svechnikov has that much upside

patrick kane had 62 goals and 145 points in 57 games his draft year
zadina had 44 goals and 82 points in one more game

now think about this
kane has only score more than 30 goals twice.... but is a PPG player

also note that drouin had 49GP 41G 64A 105PT in his draft year

the needle movers in the draft were taking 1 and 2 IMO

after that it is hard to say ... maybe there is a forsberg in there maybe not

funny thing looking at the Kane draft
there is really him and the next best is probably subban (2nd round) or benn (5th) or max pac (late first)

2007 wasn't the best of drafts, but we still ended up with two of the 6-7 best players in the draft (and traded them both away for subsequently inferior returns) and got a middling NHL in Yannick Weber.

Anyway.

Zadina's a safe player that is probably a 25/30 guy with good overall play. I don't think he's that good of a goal scorer that he'll be scoring 40 every year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got close from time to time over the course of his career.

Passing up Zadina for Kotkaniemi is something I have no issue with. We have a drought at center and we needed to fill it.

Quinn Hughes, however... I don't remember a prospect I've been as bullish about as him.

Passing up Zadina for Kotkaniemi is something I have no issue with. We have a drought at center and we needed to fill it.

Quinn Hughes, however... I don't remember a prospect I've been as bullish about as him.

3 nice beauty primary assists last night

I wouldn’t sweat it too much, we’ll be drafting top 5 for the next couple of seasons easily.

apparently you are buying into the alleged anti Montreal media bias both in all of NA and particularly at the Gazette. It is negativity like yours that makes this team bad. So the argument goes

I wouldn’t sweat it too much, we’ll be drafting top 5 for the next couple of seasons easily.

And thats why Hughes made so much sense this year . Get your dynamic puck mover this year . Next years draft is stacked in the top 10 for C`s

All potentially might be better than JK long term.

Back