• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

You do know that there's one spot to earn between Beaulieu & Tinordi, right?

One of the two is starting in the NHL & the other one's going to be in the AHL.

They're not going to make one of them rot in the press box.

You do know that there's one spot to earn between Beaulieu & Tinordi, right?

One of the two is starting in the NHL & the other one's going to be in the AHL.

They're not going to make one of them rot in the press box.

I see two guys on the team, and I don't see them rotting in the press box.

Last year look at our bottom pairing D.

Bouillion played 52 games.
Murray played 53 games
Tinordi/Beaulieu combined for 39 games
Weaver played 17 after the deadline
And Diaz played 46

Injuries happen. I can see Weaver, and 2 young kids (Pateryn is in the mix here too), all getting ~60 games when all is said and done.

Thanks.

So no big deal. Probably a bunch of up and down this year again....probably more up than down.

Beaulieu wont be in hamilton imo
Yes, he is more a lock for Habs than Sekac is.
I just said Beaulieu 'should' be, but that is just my opinion and I am much more a Tinordi fan than Nate the Great; but, you don't want Beaulieu sitting and he pretty much floated in Hamilton, I would love to see a bit more inspired play vs AHLers that he should dominate but dosent.
Subban tore it up in Hamilton and would like to see some of that from Nate, even Yannick Weber had better production than Beaulieu.
And if you might claim team is weaker due to Lefebvre-factor, hasn't stopped Pateryn from racking up the goals.

Let me guess, De La Rose and Scherbak. Unless you're still considering Tinordi and Beaulieu prospects then I'd go with De La Rose and Beaulieu.

De La Rose and Beaulieu listed. I think Tinordi is better than a couple fo guys you've listed. I suppose Scherbak needs to be out of the minors to be on your list.

I thought Sekac might have been in there, certainly more than Scherbak. Scherbak is still too far away from the NHL for that list IMO.

So this is just closest to the NHL list not just plain old Top 30 prospects, right?

Because otherwise I'm confused by the rankings.

Edit: Looks like these are just plain Top 30 prospects. Interesting...

Last edited:
So this is just closest to the NHL list not just plain old Top 30 prospects, right?

Because otherwise I'm confused by the rankings.

Edit: Looks like these are just plain Top 30 prospects. Interesting...

Being closer to the NHL is a factor. The chances of being a bust go down as you show you can continue to produce at 19, 20, etc..... at AHL level, etc...

It has to be part of it (but not the only part of it).

I was at the Knights camp today helping run benches. Got to run the bench for Big Mac once and against him once. He looked better in the second game. His skating has improved. Really nice kid, chatted a couple times. He is very tall and has filled out a little. Is protecting the puck a little better as well. Hoping he has a better season.

Mitch Merner has unreal puck skills and explosive speed. His gotten taller and bigger over all. Domi has tones of skill as well. But we already knew that. Horvat is a great all around player. It's fun watching these guys up close.

I was at the Knights camp today helping run benches. Got to run the bench for Big Mac once and against him once. He looked better in the second game. His skating has improved. Really nice kid, chatted a couple times. He is very tall and has filled out a little. Is protecting the puck a little better as well. Hoping he has a better season.

Mitch Merner has unreal puck skills and explosive speed. His gotten taller and bigger over all. Domi has tones of skill as well. But we already knew that. Horvat is a great all around player. It's fun watching these guys up close.

Expect the 100 posts telling us how bad he is.

thanks for the update , are both Domi and Bo playing in junior this year as well ? Hopefully MM makes a nice leap forward this year .

Back