• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I dont think he is that important in our prospect system , especially since he is a small center

He's a winger and he's our second most skilled player after Scherbak, probably even more purely skilled than Sherbak. Yes we need to sign him.

Same guy that was saying that we need to find those Johnson-Palat-Kucherov types. Reway is about the closest we have in our system to those guys.

Yep. If not hurt, Reway probably would have led his team in points. As a 19 year old.

Yeah, Reway's attitude is kind of concerning and his hesitance to come to North America may be a problem eventually & his height doesn't help him, but... He's very skilled. And he's a PP wizard. I've read that most of his points this season have come on the PP and during the WJC, the Slovakian PP ran through him. He would be on the whole 2 minutes and he would run it.

But yeah, we don't need players like that. Moar Connor Crisp, moar Michael McCarron.

I can see Therrien not playing Reway, saying as an excuse that he's not responsible enough in his zone....

I thought Andrighetto showed some nice speed and offensive flare....but he wasn't defensively responsible so back to AHL he went.

Sometimes, you gotta live with the kids' imperfections. We need goals....more than we need another shutdown forward

There's not a lot of big players who were atop the Junior rankings in terms of point production.

Corey Perry
Bobby Ryan
Jamie Benn
Dane Fox as an overrager - is 6'1 considered big?

There's not a lot that do, but if they do dominate in terms of points totals, you basically have a first line player.

Corey Perry is the closest to what I'm describing but essentially all 4 examples are below the physical specimen that I was looking for. I was more looking for the really bigger types as I mentioned earlier, at least 6'4 and taller, the types that grew too fast.

Overall it seems like there isn't many of those types that dominate in juniors, and even less in the NHL.

I can see Therrien not playing Reway, saying as an excuse that he's not responsible enough in his zone....

I thought Andrighetto showed some nice speed and offensive flare....but he wasn't defensively responsible so back to AHL he went.

Sometimes, you gotta live with the kids' imperfections. We need goals....more than we need another shutdown forward

I don't have a problem with keeping the kids in the minors longer if it's going to make them better in the long run. Andrighetto showed some good flashes but was too borderline to stick with the team. More grooming was needed in his case.

The guy most often pointed to on this late blooming big man theory is Todd Bertuzzi.....
His post draft years were 82 points in 61 and 119 in 62 before he struggled early in his NHL career with the Isles.

Some more recent.

Tom Wilson 58 in 48 in his post draft year.... Made NHL in second post draft year... is basically a 4th liner.
Brett Bulmer 68 in 53 in his final junior year.... 3 in 14 NHL.... 37 in 102 AHL
Zach Kassian 77 in 56 .... 29 points is NHL career high
Tangradi 88 in 55.... 15 points in 143 NHL games

For others who didn't dominate, but were forwards drafted based on size and how they did last year of junior vs first year AHL

Mitch Moroz... 63 in 70 vs 9 in 66.
Tyler Biggs 53 in 60 vs 14 in 104 and now in ECHL.

Some good examples there, especially Tangradi.

Corey Perry is the closest to what I'm describing but essentially all 4 examples are below the physical specimen that I was looking for. I was more looking for the really bigger types as I mentioned earlier, at least 6'4 and taller, the types that grew too fast.

Overall it seems like there isn't many of those types that dominate in juniors, and even less in the NHL.

Isn't that kinda the point we've been making?

So what was the issue with Stephane Lebeau parting waus with the organization?

Seems like its another person having issues with Sly

So does Johnny Hockey , you can sign him I just dont see him on our roster one day , thats all .

Thomas , Andrigetto, etc....take your pick of skilled midgets we have stockpiled , I dont see a future with us .

The Finnish kid Laukenen has a better chance of sticking with us for a smaller prospect IMO.

Some ppl here look at it from one side only. The players they don't like get constantly trashed while overlooking the fact this org has used most of its picks on small skilled forwards who likely will never last more than 2 mins on an NHL rink. Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Reway, Hudon, Audette, Collberg, Bozon, etc. But take a chance on a McCarron once and you never fukcing hear the fukcing end of it.

I don't have a problem with keeping the kids in the minors longer if it's going to make them better in the long run. Andrighetto showed some good flashes but was too borderline to stick with the team. More grooming was needed in his case.

He had more points than 86 in Tampa the year they played on the same line in the Q . . . FWIW.

Andrighetto got a lot of hype... but the reality was his on ice shooting percentage through three games was 50%. Thats extreme luck... not something that was sustainable.

Back