• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Yes. Can you undraft McCarron, Fischer, Leblanc, etc?

I think stock in Leblanc was purchased at fair value (even tho I was hoping for Krieder).

We took obvious gambles on Fischer (stock is now zero) and McCarron (stock probably lost half his value this year)

Again, every GMs risk tolerance is different.

We can all agree that McCarron is a PROJECT with capital everything. He was drafted because he's a freak. God doesn't make many 6'6 giants who can skate. If he makes it Mac will be one of the tallest NHL forwards of all time.

The real question is nothing personal:

Is it OK to draft a project 25th overall once in a while?

Yep, thanks for summarizing this in a couple of sentences. Exactly my feelings.

But not only is he tall, he also has a big body too. So many prospects these days are tall but skinny as a rake. He is big both ways, but definitely needs to replace fat with muscle to be stronger.

Yep, thanks for summarizing this in a couple of sentences. Exactly my feelings.

But not only is he tall, he also has a big body too. So many prospects these days are tall but skinny as a rake. He is big both ways, but definitely needs to replace fat with muscle to be stronger.

Would be a start to train more seriously, but needs to replace goon mentality with a bit more focus on developing actual hockey skills.
But not good chance he will pick that up now.
I would put more stock in Lehkonen/Gregoire/de la Rose or the like and admit they swung for fence and missed with unforced error.
Habs just invited a more promising goon in, Bokondji Imama to rookie camp.

Imama cant play at all at the junior level.

Im all for tough hockey but no more parros talent level guys.

Hope to Develop a Crisp like player into a guy who can play in the bottom 6 and fight.

Last edited:
Yeah, Imama makes McCarron look like Cam Neely.

Guy is clueless. If it isn't body checking or fighting, he has no idea how to play hockey.

Yeah, Imama makes McCarron look like Cam Neely.

Guy is clueless. If it isn't body checking or fighting, he has no idea how to play hockey.

He just racked up the points in the Q, so I guess just being from Montreal and a good character kid are only reasons he is invited?

I don't know. I really have no idea.

Him & Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin. No idea how either received invitations. Unless something magical happens, I don't even think they have any potential past the LNAH goon league.

Sort of why I was expecting some fireworks with 51 prospects and numerous of the belligerent kind at camp (from Thrower to Imama).

Bergevin/Lapoint et al all important 'character and grit' in their culture change. I get it and to be bit bigger/tougher to play against isn't a stupid move as long as avoid more McCarrons when should be drafting skill always in 1st round. Grit, truculence, size can and should be found in 2nd/3rd round (unless is a big skilled kid, who are normally only found in top 10 picks)

I feel like they took a homerun swing knowing that they had a bunch of 2nd rounders coming up....problem was they hit into a double play and killed the rally.

I feel like they took a homerun swing knowing that they had a bunch of 2nd rounders coming up....problem was they hit into a double play and killed the rally.

Exactly what they did, single , double , triple whatever happens , they got JDL who looks like a solid top 9 , top ranked goalie at the right spot , and speedy home type run kid in Arturri .

I am convinced JDL was their man at #25 , but with 4 picks in the first 2 , they gambled a bit knowing they had the choice of good prospects in the second round.

I think their intel revealed nobody was drafting Fucale in the top 35 so they flipped it around to make sure they got Mac. They had a real hard on for size last summer and also picked up Murray and Parros, both of whom got universal praise around here as in "these are the types of no talent guys you need when you play Boston and Toronto"

What a difference a year makes. Murray and Parros are gone, yet nobody here is saying "how are we going to go to war with Boston and Toronto"

We beat Boston and Toronto looks like they're going 4 lines of skill.

I think their intel revealed nobody was drafting Fucale in the top 35 so they flipped it around to make sure they got Mac. They had a real hard on for size last summer and also picked up Murray and Parros, both of whom got universal praise around here as in "these are the types of no talent guys you need when you play Boston and Toronto"

What a difference a year makes. Murray and Parros are gone, yet nobody here is saying "how are we going to go to war with Boston and Toronto"

We beat Boston and Toronto looks like they're going 4 lines of skill.

I warned everybody about Parros because it was blatantly obvious. He's a goon who fights almost exclusively staged fights.

He was the single worst player from the single worst team in the league the year before.

Many defended him, brings toughness, brings character, brings grit...

Yeah, okay.

I warned everybody about Parros because it was blatantly obvious. He's a goon who fights almost exclusively staged fights.

He was the single worst player from the single worst team in the league the year before.

Many defended him, brings toughness, brings character, brings grit...

Yeah, okay.

Give yourself a firm pat on the back from me please.

Back