• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I don't follow our prospects like most here but this is the 1st time I have seen him since maybe a few shifts at camp... in fact wasn't he injured at that point? Anyhow considering the league he is currently in I am still in shock at how big he is and how easily he manhandles the defenseman he can catch along the boards. I knew he was a big lad but the guy really stands out.

He certainly has the speed to match a freight train but people do say there is lots of speed with these junior guys so maybe that is exposed a bit.

Can't really say he has a flare in front of the net to pot many goals but that size will sure make it interesting for any D-man to remove him or goalie to see around him.

Honestly... the NHL is a a massive step up in quality but if he keeps growing and his confidence continues then I think this kid could be a decent addition to a Habs roster that is always searching for size. He certainly looks better than the updates we have had on him throughout the year. I am very interested to see how he does in the AHL.

His speed is decent , his quickness is below average.

I've been impressed with his defensive awareness and his faceoff skills. We all know MT has a boner for those things...

Fucale was named 1st star in 26 save game and not 45 save one (McCarron was 1st star that game with 10 shots).
Fucale now 4-1-1 in Memorial cups.

I could see fucale used in a trade package.. not as the key piece.. but as the throw in that gets the deal done

Not sure if posted: Per the new CBA, Reway does NOT need to be signed by June 1st for the Habs to retain his rights. However, had Reway played junior last year, the Habs would've had to sign him by June 1st to not have him re-enter thr draft.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/1dbf74fe-ac90-4c83-ad73-ec4e32342f2b|2hsH31AGcfuf.html

I feel that's a win win for the Habs, he can get good development time in Europe without any pressure or risk of being rushed in the NHL.

Stephane Lebeau

"Il a déclaré ne pas être surpris que Lefebvre veuille aller dans une autre direction et qu’il avait vécu deux belles saisons avec les espoirs de l’organisation."

Sounds like he got canned

Stephane Lebeau

"Il a déclaré ne pas être surpris que Lefebvre veuille aller dans une autre direction et qu’il avait vécu deux belles saisons avec les espoirs de l’organisation."

Sounds like he got canned

Yeah, he all but said that on l'Antichambre.

But the real question is when will Lefebvre be can himself so we can actually improve player development at the NHL level?

Fucale is 6'1", but he plays like he's 5'09. He always looks so damn small.

Only the future will tell, but if Fucale doesn't get a goalie coach to work with him on making himself look bigger in net to cover up more space, he's never going to get a sniff.

The worrisome thing about it is this isn't a problem that started yesterday, he's had this problem before he was drafted.

They'll work with him. I'm sure he'll be meeting with Stephane Waite many times. There is no hurry to rush him along. If he gets traded then it's not our problem anymore.

Back