• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

True , but no goalie other than Saros or Jarry played a lick in this league . It was a waste of a pick . If Price was 33 fine get depth but Fucale had no chance to play a prominent with us . Plenty of good players still on the board .

Look at our team years later ...Charlie can play. Primeau looks like a stud .
I didn't mind drafting a goalie, Price was still highly questionable at that point and got injured in the playoffs that year and Budaj couldn't do the job. Even the year after we had to turn to Tokarski,, Who did fine, but was a minor leaguer. There was need there. However, I have no idea why Fucale was so highly ranked. He looked so small in net the first time I saw him and everytime after.

It was a bad draft for goalies and in general.

I didn't mind drafting a goalie, Price was still highly questionable at that point and got injured in the playoffs that year and Budaj couldn't do the job. Even the year after we had to turn to Tokarski,, Who did fine, but was a minor leaguer. There was need there. However, I have no idea why Fucale was so highly ranked. He looked so small in net the first time I saw him and everytime after.

It was a bad draft for goalies and in general.

We better nail this draft with 5 picks in 2 rounds unlike 2013 :nono

We better nail this draft with 5 picks in 2 rounds unlike 2013 :nono
Other than McCarron flawed 1st round pick, what did the Habs really miss out on in 2013? Pesce?

Was never a big fan of Connor Crisp pick but would Buchnevic or Duclair really have made that big an impact?

Other than McCarron flawed 1st round pick, what did the Habs really miss out on in 2013? Pesce?

Was never a big fan of Connor Crisp pick but would Buchnevic or Duclair really have made that big an impact?

Agreed Sal , but we cant fook up at # 3 , and need at least 2 of our seconds ( if we keep them ) to hit

we cant fook up at # 3 , and need at least 2 of our seconds ( if we keep them ) to hit
Not all drafts are 2003 high quality depth, if 2018 draft ends up being poor vintage of 2012 or 2013 draft there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Each draft since the 2011 draft has had fewer & fewer “quantity” of prospects from 2nd round onwards. Sure there’s a Aho with an early 2nd round pick here or a Parayko / Point in the 3rd, or an Arvidsson in the 4th round there but it’s becoming fewer and far between.

Hoping that type of talent will be available to be had this draft, I think it might be with that early 2nd rounder Habs have, but never know if a team pulls a Scheifele and picks a player early.

Not all drafts are 2003 high quality depth, if 2018 draft ends up being poor vintage of 2012 or 2013 draft there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Each draft since the 2011 draft has had fewer & fewer “quantity” of prospects from 2nd round onwards. Sure there’s a Aho with an early 2nd round pick here or a Parayko / Point in the 3rd, or an Arvidsson in the 4th round there but it’s becoming fewer and far between.

Hoping that type of talent will be available to be had this draft, I think it might be with that early 2nd rounder Habs have, but never know if a team pulls a Scheifele and picks a player early.

I think there will better picks available than Leblanc even in the early 2nd round.

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that all draft picks should be NHLers. I mean, in an ideal world, that would be great, but that's impossible.

Getting a few picks that turn out to be Ben Maxwell-types, ie, young players who are elite in the AHL without being good enough to jump to the NHL, who can help your real prospects prosper instead of flounder is worth a lot in my mind.

Connor Crisp was a knuckle dragger who wasn't even able to play in the AHL, let alone contribute.

players are generally better today than even ten years ago, hell I played at a higher level than my son ever has and he is 10x the player I was.

I agree. I probably played 10-15 years before you, and different game entirely from when we both played. My son played from 1996-2008 Still, there was just a little more artistry, if you want to call it that, back in our time. Stickhandling was still around when I played, and I think we could dipsy-doodle a bit better. I used to get out a bit with my son when he played, and we would approach the puck completely differently. Its become such a power, speed game now.

Saw a local interview with Tony White the other day, a guy from back home and my time who played with Washington in their early days. Says he doesn't watch much hockey anymore, doesn't recognize it as the game he played, and admits its much much faster...probably doesn't recognize the Caps of today either, I would say.

I read somewhere recently that Poehling would be going in the top 3 if he was available this year. Cannot wait to see this guy make the jump

Yeah, no.

He'd go higher than his ranking from last year, but top-3 this year? Nope. I doubt I'd take him in the top-10, let alone top-3

Back