• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I still think the CHL route is the better one if you're a skilled player. However, if you're a player with major deficiencies, like McCarron & Tinordi, the NCAA route is probably the wiser choice.

The thing the NCAA is much better at than the CHL is to prepare players for the speed of the pro game. The NCAA is a faster league as a whole.

NCAA is also a pussier game, they wear masks, only play what 35 games etc

You do get more practice, more time in the gym etc.

You are right, go to Uni if you are not the top player at 16.

Dante Fabbro likely will not stay for a third year at BC I believe it is.

I still think the CHL route is the better one if you're a skilled player. However, if you're a player with major deficiencies, like McCarron & Tinordi, the NCAA route is probably the wiser choice.

The thing the NCAA is much better at than the CHL is to prepare players for the speed of the pro game. The NCAA is a faster league as a whole.

NCAA is also a much better route if you don't want to put all your eggs in your hockey career. Personally I'd pick the NCAA over the CHL all day long.

NCAA is also a much better route if you don't want to put all your eggs in your hockey career. Personally I'd pick the NCAA over the CHL all day long.

It is a tough choice for many players. It is ridiculous that if you play one shift in CHL that you lose all NCAA eligibility. At the same time, try telling a 16 year old that it is better to go to school than to play major junior.

Yes, I agree that the NCAA eligibility rules are ridiculous in that regard, but it actually benefits the CHL, all to the detriment of the kids.

Tough sell for sure.

BCHL is a decent alternative though if one want to go the NCAA route.

Yeah, my son likely won't make a BCJHL team but he is going to a prospects camp for one later in the month. We get a ton of emails now inviting him to camps because he was on a AAA team as a 2nd year Bantam. He won't be drafted in the Bantam draft but he wants to keep playing so why not.

Holy small sizes Batman. Most guys who stay four years in university don't have much of a career in the NHL. If you are in NCAA, and want to play pro hockey, you should leave after your sophomore season. The problem is Poehling started uni younger than most so he probably needs to stay his junior year.
Had Louis Leblanc stayed 4-yrs at Harvard like his Lac St.Louis buddy Alex Kilhorn might’ve resuscitated an NHL career...

Johnny Gaudreau, Kreider, Parayko and a slew of other NHL players who’ve entered post 2012 have stayed 3-4 years at college. The NHL is transforming into the NCAA game with each passing year

Louis Leblanc did not fail because he didn't stay at Harvard. He had his issues no doubt but he also had a GM who didn't like him because he was a rich boy from the west island.

the PTO boys are in the Rocket lineup tonight, Korostelev, Austin and Beauregard. As is Jeremiah Addison , his first professional game (coming off surgery and rehab).

Louis Leblanc did not fail because he didn't stay at Harvard. He had his issues no doubt but he also had a GM who didn't like him because he was a rich boy from the west island.
LL needed to get bigger, stronger & further develop his skating in an atmosphere that was more conducive - fewer games, more practices & more gym workout time. Would a full 4-years at Harvard have guaranteed success? No, but junior route only rushed him

LL needed to get bigger, stronger & further develop his skating in an atmosphere that was more conducive - fewer games, more practices & more gym workout time. Would a full 4-years at Harvard have guaranteed success? No, but junior route only rushed him
That may be but our braintrust wanted him to leave too.

and there you go, the new kids on the block combine for a Rocket goal.

*Jeremiah Addison (1) ASST: Johnny Austin (1), Anthony Beauregard (1)

* changed to Jeremiah Addison (1) ASST: Nikita Korostelev (1), Johnny Austin (1)

Last edited:
Addison - Beauregard - Korostelev has been the best line tonight from what I read... which is cool but sad at the same time.

Holy sh*t

I heard Poehling's team was eliminated in the first round tonight, that sucks.

Yea i listened to some on the radio. Air Force goalie stood on his head and they scored two empty net goals. They were seeded number 4 so not a shitty team.

Yea i listened to some on the radio. Air Force goalie stood on his head and they scored two empty net goals. They were seeded number 4 so not a shitty team.

Still, who thought an armed forces team could field a decent hockey team. Maybe football, but hockey...

Back