• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Gallagher way out-performed Bitten in junior. If anyone has more skills, it's Gallagher. He was a stud in juniors. 3 40+ goals seasons.

No way on skill ....stats fine but not skill

11 gets by on guts , and his goals are 3 feet from the net . Totally different players but Bitten has excellent wheels , creativity , and can score .

Its like comparing JVR with Ehlers both may score 30 but do it differently.

No way on skill ....stats fine but not skill

11 gets by on guts , and his goals are 3 feet from the net . Totally different players but Bitten has excellent wheels , creativity , and can score .

Its like comparing JVR with Ehlers both may score 30 but do it differently.
Gallagher has great wheels and amazing set of hands near the net. Not so much a dangler but he can get his shot off quickly with little room, forehand or backhand, great on deflections as well, great hand-eye coordination. Those are all skills, goal scorer skills.

Gallagher has great wheels and amazing set of hands near the net. Not so much a dangler but he can get his shot off quickly with little room, forehand or backhand, great on deflections as well, great hand-eye coordination. Those are all skills, goal scorer skills.

yeah they are.

It all depends on what one defines as "skill". There are many skills.

Here are the stats for the four WHL D draft picks of the Habs. All seem to be doing well with some positive reviews. Should be interesting seeing all 4 in uniform for the Rockets in the near future.

Cale Fleury RD WHL Regina 65 12 39 51
Jarret Tyszka LD WHL Seattle 66 8 32 40
Scott Walford LD WHL Victoria 68 2 30 32
Josh Brook RD WHL Moose Jaw 43 3 28 31

Here are the stats for the four WHL D draft picks of the Habs. All seem to be doing well with some positive reviews. Should be interesting seeing all 4 in uniform for the Rockets in the near future.

Cale Fleury RD WHL Regina 65 12 39 51
Jarret Tyszka LD WHL Seattle 66 8 32 40
Scott Walford LD WHL Victoria 68 2 30 32
Josh Brook RD WHL Moose Jaw 43 3 28 31

My buddy said we did well with all of them and can see all them in the NHL one day .

He thinks Brook is a legit #3 RHD and quality second pairing who can play the PP.

The Rocket have signed Anthony Beauregard (Concordia University) et Nikita Korostelev (Peterborough – OHL) to ATOs.

Leafs didnt sign their draft pick Korostelev, so he's a free agent. Loads of talent but floats too much, Habs never have success with these types...but anyway. Goes to show how desperate this organization is to acquire scoring talent.

The Rocket have signed Anthony Beauregard (Concordia University) et Nikita Korostelev (Peterborough – OHL) to ATOs.

I think that the last Concordia alum who actually played in the NHL was Larry Carriere who played for Loyola College about 4 years before the merger which created Con U.

Beauregard was the top player in the Canadian University circuit. Tops in points, 60 points in 28 games, 14 points ahead of the next best. He was dominate.

Oh wait. I forgot Jim Corsi of fancy stats fame. Started at Loyola and played through the merger finishing his collegiate career with Concordia before playing for the WHA version of the Nordiques and a cup of coffee with the NHL Oilers.

Ryan Poehling. He is coming in under the radar. Top line center on the best team in the NCAA. Its debatable but some actually feel these players are more ready for the pros than the CHL players because of the training. This guy is big, and now starting to show the offensive numbers. Very similar to Toews numbers. He is very young and made the jump to College hockey very early. We may have a gem on the way folks. I am hoping.

Ryan Poehling. He is coming in under the radar. Top line center on the best team in the NCAA. Its debatable but some actually feel these players are more ready for the pros than the CHL players because of the training. This guy is big, and now starting to show the offensive numbers. Very similar to Toews numbers. He is very young and made the jump to College hockey very early. We may have a gem on the way folks. I am hoping.

Don't worry, our crack prospect development system will take care of any talent or passion for the game he might possess. They'll probably make a stay-at-home defenseman out of him.

Back