• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I have no issues with Shaw the player , but what was Nero thinking on this move . What were we a Shaw away from ?

What is a glorified third liner going to do when your top 6 has failed in the playoffs , you add Shaw when your complete and ready to win , he totally miscued on this one .

4 mil for what he brings to the table is nuts.

I have no issues with Shaw the player , but what was Nero thinking on this move . What were we a Shaw away from ?

What is a glorified third liner going to do when your top 6 has failed in the playoffs , you add Shaw when your complete and ready to win , he totally miscued on this one .

4 mil for what he brings to the table is nuts.

I'm with you on this one. I don't mind Shaw either but he wasn't what this team was missing, if anything we needed those picks more than we needed Shaw.

The only saving grace was that we managed to get a couple 2nds for Eller. But giving them up for Shaw seemed stupid. That said... at least we got a useful player out of it. Still don't like it though.

The only saving grace was that we managed to get a couple 2nds for Eller. But giving them up for Shaw seemed stupid. That said... at least we got a useful player out of it. Still don't like it though.

Hawks were capped out and had to get rid of some players , a 3rd and 4rth is all we should of offered.

Nero wanted him badly and overpaid , don't think there were many suitors for Shaw.

I don't believe one second that a 3rd and 4th is all that was needed. There was enough demand to drive the price. If MB got that for Eller then sure it wasn't a crazy price for Shaw. I just don't think we should have been the team to pay it.

So why go for Shaw last year and ignore Schenn and Johannsen (both top 6) this year...arguably they went for about the same price and we have the picks.

Would LV have even taken Shaw if he was left unprotected ? Doubtful....

According to some people here YES..... We are so lucky to have him at 4 m and deal with such a contract in next 5 years for a 3rd liner. What a privilege indeed.

#LuckyHabs

absolutely , they maybe 2-3 years away but much needed and 2 legit C prospects

Some have said 5 years which seems silly.

If Poehling is motivated to have an NHL career, I figure he should go two years in NCAA, then one in AHL

I have no timeline for Ikonen though.

It entirely depends on how they play.

I'm of the belief that European players should stay there until they're 21, so 3 years post-draft, before coming over. If Poehling shows that he's one of the top players in the NCAA after year one, he should consider going pro right away. If it takes him two or three years to get there, then that's the time it'll take.

Yup -IMO even someone like JDLR who was never touted for his offensive prowess would've been better served spending 3-full seasons in SEL

The Habs invited 23 players to participate in rookie camp, the big name being Martin Reway.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...in-the-canadiens-2017-rookie-camp/c-290829682

_____

Goalies:
Michael McNiven #70
Antoine Samuel #95

Defencemen:
Simon Bourque #60
Josh Brook #46
Cale Fleury #59
Noah Juulsen #58
Stefan Leblanc #78
Victor Mete #53
Jarrett Tyszka #74