• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Here is my list in no particular order , just my opinion and not using the so called PPG threshold

Teams are based on 2 prospects minimum

I have graduated and not included players close to a full season or limited ice time like Nolan Patrick , Chevy , etc...

Many teams had 1 player and not included , but we can still debate the overall merits of team rankings based on aggregate strengths

Carolina - Necas and Svechnikov

Vancouver- Hughes and Pettersson

Islanders - Wahlstrom , Dobson

Blues- Thomas , Kyrou

Panthers- Borgstrom , Tippett

Sabres- Middlestadt , Dahlin

Hawks - Jokiharju and Boquist

Vegas - Glass and Suzuki

I'm not sold on Jokiharju or Suzuki on being top line/pairing players. I think those are cases of grass being greener.

Thirty players will participate in Habs' rookie camp, September 6-12.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...in-the-canadiens-2018-rookie-camp/c-299896454

_____

Goalies:
Stephen Dhillon #30
Samuel Harvey #95
Michael McNiven #70

Defencemen:
Aleksi Anttalainen #91
Josh Brook #76
Cale Fleury #83
T.J. Melancon #79
Michal Moravcik #73
Adam Plant #75
David Sklenicka #57
Jarret Tyszka #74
Scott Walford #56

Forwards:
Morgan Adams-Moisan #89
Jeremiah Addison #64
Alexandre Alain #68
William Bitten #77
Jake Evans #71
Cole Fonstad #84
Brandon Hagel #81
Cameron Hillis #88
Samuel Houde #72
Alexander Katerinakis #82
Jesperi Kotkaniemi #15
Phelix Martineau #90
Allan McShane #94
Michael Pezzetta #55
Joel Teasdale #86
Lukas Vejdemo #22
Hayden Verbeek #96
Antoine Waked #97

They're all in their respective camps for their teams in Europe, plus none are signed to ELCs. They don't have any real reason to be here. Kotkaniemi has his deal and could theoretically be on the opening day roster, however foolish that would be...

He could also spend the year in Laval too.

Solid group though. Add a top flight center and D in the next year or two and the roster might not be so bad.

We just need two more bad years. Get two top three picks and we're set for a decade.

If we can have a center line of Hughes-Kotkaniemi-Poehling, all of which are slotted perfectly based on their talents, we're good.

Then maybe pray that we get Alexis Lafrenière two drafts from now...

I would agree, I'm just trying to see what teams have those elusive superstars in their pipeline.

Superstars, almost be definition, are never in any team's pipeline. They're drafted, usually in the top-3, and step right into the NHL.

Buffalo has one, Vancouver has one (maybe two in Petersson), all of whom will be in the NHL this upcoming season.

Carolina has two future stars in Svechnikov and Necas, but that's as far as they go.

Most loser teams are 3 top three picks from looking good. Get in line, HabFan.

Superstars, almost be definition, are never in any team's pipeline. They're drafted, usually in the top-3, and step right into the NHL.

Buffalo has one, Vancouver has one (maybe two in Petersson), all of whom will be in the NHL this upcoming season.

Carolina has two future stars in Svechnikov and Necas, but that's as far as they go.

I know. Which is why criticizing our pipeline for its the lack of superstars is unfair. Very few teams has one.

The Habs have returned eight players from rookie camp to their respective junior teams today.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/...-eight-players-returned-to-junior/c-300050346

_____

Aleksi Anttalainen (Blainville-Boisbriand, QMJHL)
Stephen Dhillon (Niagara, OHL)
Cole Fonstad (Prince Albert, WHL)
Brandon Hagel (Red Deer, WHL)
Cameron Hillis (Guelph, OHL)
Samuel Houde (Chicoutimi, QMJHL)
Alexander Katerinakis (Blainville-Boisbriand, QMJHL)
Allan McShane (Oshawa, OHL)

they actually have a decent system
the issue is they have no young impact players on the roster though

others have graduated those players
we have....Mete

Back