• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Ever watch him play? I have and that scouting report is laughable.

Zero net presence.

Ineffective on the boards.

Both in large part because he's just not a very good player.

Have you ever seen him play? I'm talking an actual game with your own eyes without having to read a report on a site with no credibility.

Do you not find it remotely puzzling that he couldn't do better than 3rd/4th line minutes on an above-average OHL team? With his physical attributes and alleged offensive skills (despite never putting up numbers anywhere?) on top of being a 19 year old?

I'll repeat the question I've asked a dozen times but have received zero answers:

How is someone who can't play in Junior at 19 going to make it in the NHL?

Please answer me that. I'm interested in hearing this.

With a lot of hard work and a little luck.

I don't make excuse for McCarron's weak production in his post-draft year. I think his second half--he scored something like 21 points in 32 games, I believe--is a silver lining to what otherwise is a disappointing season.

I expected a lot more from him. However, I remain hopeful that he can turn things around next season thought I am well aware that the odds are ever against his favour now.

I still havent seen anyone answer.... legitimately answer ggpx's question

I wasn't online. I hope you didn't miss me very much. I swear it's not personal.

He played 60 games a year against ushl teams... ncaa teams... and the best u17 and u18 teams in the world.

It was his first year in the ohl but not his first year playing competition that tough or tougher (ncaa is tougher competition than ohl)

With the exception of tyler biggs... every other high drafted forward coming from the us ntdp to the ohl has put up big numbers.

Its time to stop with this as an excuse.

I agree that NTDP is a very good team. And I agree that their placement is incredible with top graduates like Seth Jones and Jacob Trouba and potential #1 overall picks like Eichel. The players on the team are very talented.

I am sorry it didn't work out for Tyler Biggs. I hope it works out better for McCarron. His teammates seem to be doing very well for themselves, I hope he follows their path and not that of Biggs.

I don't make excuse for McCarron's weak production in his post-draft year. I think his second half--he scored something like 21 points in 32 games, I believe--is a silver lining to what otherwise is a disappointing season.

I expected a lot more from him. However, I remain hopeful that he can turn things around next season thought I am well aware that the odds are ever against his favour now.

21 points in 32 games in the OHL in your post-draft year is still pretty awful though.

Every player the Leafs have taken out of the OHL in the past three drafts has gone on to have a post-draft year with a higher PPG than McCarron - defensemen, OHL rookies/imports, 6th rounders, all of them.

And all but one 6th rounder had higher PPG than 21 points in 32 games, if you want to split his season like that. And these are the Leafs picking, not exactly setting the bar very high.

McCarron's numbers this year weren't just bad "for a first rounder". They were bad period.

Last edited:
For the love of all that is holy please stop.

Give it two years to see who was right. McCarron has a very low probability of succeeding past a fourth line player. If he surpasses that then his supporters can remind people. You're all on record with your views. Move on, there are other prospects in the system.

For the love of all that is holy please stop.

Give it two years to see who was right. McCarron has a very low probability of succeeding past a fourth line player. If he surpasses that then his supporters can remind people. You're all on record with your views. Move on, there are other prospects in the system.

You have to remember Habsy, there are two posters on here who want the kid to fail so badly, that they can't stop posting the negative stuff.

You have to remember Habsy, there are two posters on here who want the kid to fail so badly, that they can't stop posting the negative stuff.

48,000 posts and you complain about other people who can't stop posting?

Maybe i should make stupid, unfunny one liners or post marinaro's and GR's twitter feed all day long?

48,000 posts and you complain about other people who can't stop posting?

Maybe i should make stupid, unfunny one liners or post marinaro's and GR's twitter feed all day long?

It would be a hell of an improvement...just saying.

I don't think there's anyone left on the planet that believes MM has top 6 potential...a big bodied and mean 3rd line guy is where hope lies now and another shitty season he'll be reduced to goon status...

Tinordi had a shit first year in the ohl and many were already wetting him off. As of now it looks like JT will be a solid 5-6 dmen who will hit, fight and play the pk. I'm happy with that considering he was taken late in the first.

I'm waiting to see how Big Mac plays this season. I really believe he came to London thinking he was the shit and didnt work hard enough. I'd be happy with a solid third liner.

You have no idea what their motivation is. You can dislike a pick without disliking the person. His ability is the team's asset. Most intelligent people get this.

looks like sherbak already sign his contract. Management feels confident in him I guest even if he wasn't apparently their first choice.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 21m
Nikita Sherbak get the max for a rookie. $925 000 AAV + bonuses for 3 years. As usual a 2 way deal. #canadiens #tvasports

Back