• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Rocket lead 4-0 after two... Chaput (2), Vejdemo and Shinkaruk with the goals.

Sounds like Belzile is having a strong game.

Future is looking a little brighter. Need 2-3 more high end prospects.

Correct but you dont get them by winning many hockey games .

I get that we are playing better and are more exciting but the only way you are getting top talent is at the top the draft .

We need a top 7 draft , its loaded this year .

I get that we are playing better and are more exciting but the only way you are getting top talent is at the top the draft .

Some are saying it's not as deep as last years draft. There are conflicting reports.

You have to get over this. Players play to win, coaches coach to win. It’s their livelihood.

How are we going to get 2-3 more high prospects ?

Timmins and lotto luck

I am not convince the habs are making the playoffs but I doubt they are top 5 bad so they will either need to get lucky and move up in the draft or Timmins be good enough to find Teravainen, Rakell, Pastrnak, Aho, Boeser, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, etc

Then we we will be stuck in the dreaded middle ......spinning that hamster wheel to futility
Not necessarily- Habs need to ensure a strategy of loading up on 2nd round picks and find prospects at above league average rate, not getting into the habit of trading 2nd rounders every year.

There’s been lots of 2nd round finds over the past 10+ years - may not be elite players but very very good players nonetheless.

Not necessarily- Habs need to ensure a strategy of loading up on 2nd round picks and find prospects at above league average rate, not getting into the habit of trading 2nd rounders every year.

There’s been lots of 2nd round finds over the past 10+ years - may not be elite players but very very good players nonetheless.

Agreed..... but cup winners do it with that core group of 5-7 players that typically is elite

This is the fundamental flaw I have mentioned for years ...where is ours right now ?

Where is our Kane, Toews, Crawford, Keith, Seebrook

Right now this roster at best reminds me of Minny ...plenty of secondary support pieces but no core structure
and a 1 round exit

Agreed..... but cup winners do it with that core group of 5-7 players that typically is elite

This is the fundamental flaw I have mentioned for years ...where is ours right now ?

Right now this roster at best reminds me of Minny ...plenty of secondary support pieces but no core structure
and a 1 round exit

that is the one we do have!

alzner

and a 1 round exit

this is why i caution about a rebuild

even if we get 3 legit pieces all that does is give us back a subban, price, maxpac
and that was not good enough - we need those 3 types AND better

this is why i caution about a rebuild

even if we get 3 legit pieces all that does is give us back a subban, price, maxpac
and that was not good enough - we need those 3 types AND better

Agreed , but its a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation .

We want to build towards a cup but never not willing to tank because we want to remain competitive .

We want top studs but typically they are at the top of the draft .

We are no further ahead now than when Nero took over 6 years ago

We just need to start somewhere with a plan . Its takes years and luck if a core develops but I dont see how this continuous patching is getting us anywhere .

Back