Page 716 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717 LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,320 of 14327

Thread: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    True , but no goalie other than Saros or Jarry played a lick in this league . It was a waste of a pick . If Price was 33 fine get depth but Fucale had no chance to play a prominent with us . Plenty of good players still on the board .

Look at our team years later ...Charlie can play. Primeau looks like a stud .
    I didn't mind drafting a goalie, Price was still highly questionable at that point and got injured in the playoffs that year and Budaj couldn't do the job. Even the year after we had to turn to Tokarski,, Who did fine, but was a minor leaguer. There was need there. However, I have no idea why Fucale was so highly ranked. He looked so small in net the first time I saw him and everytime after.

It was a bad draft for goalies and in general.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I didn't mind drafting a goalie, Price was still highly questionable at that point and got injured in the playoffs that year and Budaj couldn't do the job. Even the year after we had to turn to Tokarski,, Who did fine, but was a minor leaguer. There was need there. However, I have no idea why Fucale was so highly ranked. He looked so small in net the first time I saw him and everytime after.

It was a bad draft for goalies and in general.
    We better nail this draft with 5 picks in 2 rounds unlike 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Les Habitants Prospects Thread

We better nail this draft with 5 picks in 2 rounds unlike 2013
    Other than McCarron flawed 1st round pick, what did the Habs really miss out on in 2013? Pesce?

Was never a big fan of Connor Crisp pick but would Buchnevic or Duclair really have made that big an impact?

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Other than McCarron flawed 1st round pick, what did the Habs really miss out on in 2013? Pesce?

Was never a big fan of Connor Crisp pick but would Buchnevic or Duclair really have made that big an impact?
    Agreed Sal , but we cant fook up at # 3 , and need at least 2 of our seconds ( if we keep them ) to hit

Post Thanks / Like

we cant fook up at # 3 , and need at least 2 of our seconds ( if we keep them ) to hit
    Not all drafts are 2003 high quality depth, if 2018 draft ends up being poor vintage of 2012 or 2013 draft there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Each draft since the 2011 draft has had fewer & fewer “quantity” of prospects from 2nd round onwards. Sure there’s a Aho with an early 2nd round pick here or a Parayko / Point in the 3rd, or an Arvidsson in the 4th round there but it’s becoming fewer and far between.

Hoping that type of talent will be available to be had this draft, I think it might be with that early 2nd rounder Habs have, but never know if a team pulls a Scheifele and picks a player early.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Not all drafts are 2003 high quality depth, if 2018 draft ends up being poor vintage of 2012 or 2013 draft there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Each draft since the 2011 draft has had fewer & fewer “quantity” of prospects from 2nd round onwards. Sure there’s a Aho with an early 2nd round pick here or a Parayko / Point in the 3rd, or an Arvidsson in the 4th round there but it’s becoming fewer and far between.

Hoping that type of talent will be available to be had this draft, I think it might be with that early 2nd rounder Habs have, but never know if a team pulls a Scheifele and picks a player early.
    I think there will better picks available than Leblanc even in the early 2nd round.

Post Thanks / Like

Markus Eisenschmid has signed a two-year deal with Adler Mannheim of the DEL.

https://www.adler-mannheim.de/aktuel...s-eisenschmid/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    Markus Eisenschmid has signed a two-year deal with Adler Mannheim of the DEL.

https://www.adler-mannheim.de/aktuel...s-eisenschmid/
    Took advantage of a decent showing at the World Championships and signed with one of the best teams in the German league. Way better than playing on the 4th line in the AHL.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that all draft picks should be NHLers. I mean, in an ideal world, that would be great, but that's impossible.

Getting a few picks that turn out to be Ben Maxwell-types, ie, young players who are elite in the AHL without being good enough to jump to the NHL, who can help your real prospects prosper instead of flounder is worth a lot in my mind.

Connor Crisp was a knuckle dragger who wasn't even able to play in the AHL, let alone contribute.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Post Thanks / Like

Joni Ikonen underwent surgery on his right knee Monday, recovery period is expected to be six months.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/m...ry/c-299056226

Post Thanks / Like

Joni Ikonen underwent surgery on his right knee Monday, recovery period is expected to be six months.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/m...ry/c-299056226
    Didnt really have a great year last season either. Can cross this guy out for any immediate help.

Post Thanks / Like

they just say 6 months for everything

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    I think there will better picks available than Leblanc even in the early 2nd round.
    players are generally better today than even ten years ago, hell I played at a higher level than my son ever has and he is 10x the player I was.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Poehling and Cayden Primeau were named to Team USA's 2018 World Junior Summer Showcase roster.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...l-camp-roster#

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    players are generally better today than even ten years ago, hell I played at a higher level than my son ever has and he is 10x the player I was.
    I agree. I probably played 10-15 years before you, and different game entirely from when we both played. My son played from 1996-2008 Still, there was just a little more artistry, if you want to call it that, back in our time. Stickhandling was still around when I played, and I think we could dipsy-doodle a bit better. I used to get out a bit with my son when he played, and we would approach the puck completely differently. Its become such a power, speed game now.

Saw a local interview with Tony White the other day, a guy from back home and my time who played with Washington in their early days. Says he doesn't watch much hockey anymore, doesn't recognize it as the game he played, and admits its much much faster...probably doesn't recognize the Caps of today either, I would say.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Poehling and Cayden Primeau were named to Team USA's 2018 World Junior Summer Showcase roster.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...l-camp-roster#
    I read somewhere recently that Poehling would be going in the top 3 if he was available this year. Cannot wait to see this guy make the jump

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs53 View Post
    I read somewhere recently that Poehling would be going in the top 3 if he was available this year. Cannot wait to see this guy make the jump
    I dont see top 3 at all

Post Thanks / Like

I dont see top 3 at all
    For some reason that does not surprise me

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason that does not surprise me
    How can a player whose concern is putting up points and a ceiling of ROR be ranked ahead of Zadina or the Rooshkie , cmon .

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, no.

He'd go higher than his ranking from last year, but top-3 this year? Nope. I doubt I'd take him in the top-10, let alone top-3
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Page 716 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216616666706714715716717 LastLast