Page 1300 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 30080012001250129012981299130013011302131013501400 ... LastLast
Results 25,981 to 26,000 of 28030

Thread: OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Of the bottom tier teams in the EC playoff picture i'd really prefer to avoid the Heat.

I don't think we'd lose persay, but they play real man defense, Whiteside would give us fits on both ends, and i wouldn't put it past Wade to find it for a series.

It's also one of the handful of matchups where i'm sure we'd get outcoached.

Post Thanks / Like

So Bosh said he'd listen to offers from the raps and cavs.
    #FreeVladdy

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    So Bosh said he'd listen to offers from the raps and cavs.
    I can't imagine he'd be ready now, i heard next season?

Post Thanks / Like

Would a doctor really clear him?
    "I divide the world into learners and non-learners. There are people who learn, who are open to what happens around them, who listen, who hear the lessons. When they do something stupid, they don't do it again. And when they do something that works a little bit, they do it even better and harder the next time. The question to ask is not whether you are a success or a failure, but whether you are a learner or a non-learner." - Benjamin Barber

Post Thanks / Like

That is intriguing. Bosh is only 33.
    #FreeVladdy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh sucks
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs are now 3-2 since the ZOMG trade deadline where the Cavs were back and ready to run straight through the EC again.

Maybe everyone shouldn't just give up?
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

The unstoppable Cavs are now 4-3 since the trade deadline.

2 of their 4 wins have been against trash bag teams (Memphis and Brooklyn). They've dropped 3 games against decent but hardly elite competition (Philly, San Antonio minus Leonard, Wizards)

Raps should be 6-0 over that same time period, short of a disgustingly bad call on a Val And-1 at the buzzer of the game against the Bucks.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps are a great team. It’s too bad the warriors have dream team 4 - otherwise be raps would be heading champ favs.

Also, Casey’s gotta get coach of the year, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Raps might win 60. Tough the Leafs are really good too otherwise I'd be enjoying the Raps success a lot more. Real good shot at going to the finals.
    "I divide the world into learners and non-learners. There are people who learn, who are open to what happens around them, who listen, who hear the lessons. When they do something stupid, they don't do it again. And when they do something that works a little bit, they do it even better and harder the next time. The question to ask is not whether you are a success or a failure, but whether you are a learner or a non-learner." - Benjamin Barber

Post Thanks / Like

the bench mob is pretty insane. Poeltl/Siakim/Wright/VanVleet all look like they can be plus starters in the NBA.

Hell, if Siakim can get his shooting stroke down, he might be much more than that.
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

playoffs are going to be a great watch. it would be awesome to see the Raps in the NBA finals.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    the bench mob is pretty insane. Poeltl/Siakim/Wright/VanVleet all look like they can be plus starters in the NBA.

Hell, if Siakim can get his shooting stroke down, he might be much more than that.
    They are fun to watch. And their dominance early on in 4th quarters has saved the starters a LOT of minutes. I believe, with CJ, they are the best 5 man unit in the NBA in points differential this season. Really impressive stuff, and have to give credit to Masai.

Post Thanks / Like

best in the NBA in points diff....by a country mile.

of course, it's not fair to compare them to units that play mostly against starting lineups.
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Bench mob doing it again in Washington. Almost pulled the Raps even after a shit start.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really easy to like this team. Very working class.
    "In an infinite multiverse there is no such thing as fiction." -Scott Adsit, Star Talk Radio

Post Thanks / Like

Some really nice decision making by Demar down the stretch. really nice. refreshing to see.

And man, OG really is a huge part of the starting lineup. They were awful without him the first 15-20gms of the year, and are awful without him now.
    #FreeVladdy

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Question when itís the playoffs and get less time for opponent bench guys. Our bench guys dominate most teamsí bench guys. Want happens when we arenít playing against depth guys as much? Honestly, not sure I trust our starting 5 come playoff time to take over games against elite competition. And our bench guys probably wonít fare as strong against the elite to help like they are in the regular season to push leads or get us back into games.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soco22 View Post
    Question when it’s the playoffs and get less time for opponent bench guys. Our bench guys dominate most teams’ bench guys. Want happens when we aren’t playing against depth guys as much? Honestly, not sure I trust our starting 5 come playoff time to take over games against elite competition. And our bench guys probably won’t fare as strong against the elite to help like they are in the regular season to push leads or get us back into games.
    The answer to that question probably dictates how far this team goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, who are we talking about? Boston & the Cavs? Who on Boston other than Kyrie, and on the Cavs over than Lebron is really someone we expect to be able to dominate the bench mob?

I think the ability we have to throw the bench mob onto the floor and force opposition to either burn their starters out against fresh legs that move the ball around as good as anyone in the league, or put their scrubs on the floor to rest their starters, is going to be huge in a 7 game series if it's used right.

Yeah, if we make the finals we're going to have problems with Houston or the Warriors, because they're really, really ****ing good. But Boston & the Cavs I'm not worried about the bench mob not being able to handle being out against parts of their starting lineup.
    Last edited by MindzEye; 03-03-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Page 1300 of 1402 FirstFirst ... 30080012001250129012981299130013011302131013501400 ... LastLast