• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

hockeylover

Woah, did anyone watch the Raptors game tonight? I just saw the highlights and looks like Ford hit his head on the floor after being fouled by the Hawks player. He went off on a stretcher and was taken to an Atlanta hospital.

Any word on how he's doing?? Was anyone watching it?

Re: OT: Raps Game & TJ Ford

Yeah I saw the hilights that was absolutely brutal and difficult to watch. Sam Mitchell looked like he was really worried too. I hope he's okay, but it doesn't look good.

The Raps just can't get any good luck. They had all of their players in the line-up for about one half.

Yeah, I saw it happen. Really unpleasant thing to watch. Horford delivered a flagrant foul, I don't believe there was any intent to injure, but he'll probably be suspended a couple of games.

From what some players were saying in the post-game interviews, TJ did have movement and was conscious. He was in pain and was panicking a little bit.

An announcer later said that they were debating whether to keep him in hospital overnight, or have him fly back to Toronto with the team. This is very encouraging news. Although in the end, they did decide to keep him in hospital overnight. I hope he's alright.

Looks like Calderon will get more playing time. I hope Ford is okay. :(

saw it as well... I know many people (myself included) that go into a mini state of shock when they bump their head hard.... limbs go stiff and eyes roll back in the head... (scared the crap out of my parents many a time)...

Let's hope that is exactly what it is.

Thank god he's alright
Thank god the Raps have the best 1-2 point god combo in the association

Ford can't stay healthy, it's too bad. Him and Calderon make a solid one-two punch at the point.

Good lord I just the replay on TSN. Poor guy was in tears and freaking out but good news is he had feeling in both his lower and upper body. Hopefully he has just a minor concussion.

To bring up another topic, as Calderon could soon be gone, due to his expiring contract.

Who would you rather keep?

Ford. Redonkulous upside, the potential to turn into an Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash type point guard.

You don't give that up.

With that said though, Colangelo should be able to get Calderon signed to a very reasonable 4-5 year deal.

I'd trade Ford.

Calderon is more the kind of PG I like. He resembles the PGs I like best more than Ford. He's just got the better basketball brain, IMO.

Ford has got great skills, but if we can trade him for a wingman with great skills, I'd rather have those great skills at that position than at the point.

I think that will be the outcome... I think Colangelo will make it sweet for Jose to stay, and I also think that they way they handle the Garbo situation can determine alot of things.

When the deal comes up, you won't have the dead weight that is Joey and even Martin.... those two alone could be sent away... and replaced by rookie contracts... then the rest of the money adds on to Calderon's deal.

Back