• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

RWqRK1u.jpg

So apparently sullinger turned down a deal for more than 10 million to sign with the raptors because they offered the best chance for him to play an important role on a quality team. This after Carroll cancels all of his other meetings after meeting with the raptors first last year...the Knicks were rumoured to be offering more money......

We aren't landing the star free agents yet, but this is where you have to get to before you're a serious option for them.

The Philadelphia 76ers have a logjam at the big positions in Jahlil Okafor, Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel.

"There's no question you can look at our roster and say we have some unbalance," said Bryan Colangelo. "We're top heavy. We have some good talent there."

Want. Alleged rumors of Ross being moved for a PF + prospect not too long ago. Possibly before we got Sullinger. I would still make the move.

Ross for Noel + Korkmaz/Luwawu looks like a good deal to me. Noel would give us a defensive replacement in the frontcourt for Biyombo. What our frontcourt lacks at the moment is rim protection and Noel provides that. Would be a good fit with either Val or Sullinger depending on matchup. Hell, he'd loook good with Poeltl if it came to it.

This would move Poeltl to the d league to start the year. Poeltl, Wright, Bruno, Siakam all in the d league getting heavy minutes would be a good idea instead of rotting on the bench. Can still have practices with the big club seeing as its a 40 min drive to each arena.

Lowry / Joseph (Wright)
Derozan / Powell
Carroll / ? (Bruno)
Sullinger / Patterson (Siakam)
Val / Noel (Poeltl)

Looks like a conference finals team to me. I'd argue they look better than last year. That big man depth could be huge towards the end of the year.

Ross has less value than Noel, not more.

Meh, I don't think so. Apparently it was the Raps that turned down a one for one swap. Noel isn't that good, and Ross does have some value for a team with very little 3 point shooting. I would have done that deal, but with Noel being a RFA next year, and with no one on the market available to replace Ross's 3 point shooting, I can see where they're coming from.

Ross has less value than Noel, not more.

We won't know until a trade happens but i'd wager that after some of the money thats been thrown around this summer Ross doesn't look too bad at 12 million. We might be able to get something decent for him. Noel is a good piece but is also inline to get big money next summer so i think that might impact his value a bit.

I've soured on Ross to a point where i don't want him on the team. Powell looks like a stud in summer league so far and with his alleged improvement from 3 we might get better production from him for a fraction of the cost.

As for your point about Peoltl getting minutes. I think he's going to struggle to stay on the court initially due to foul trouble. I think he might be best served getting big minutes in the d league. After next season our front court situation becomes murky again with Sullinger and Patterson as free agents. We might keep one, i doubt we keep both.

NBA pulled the allstar from Charlotte because of laws enacted by the State targeting the LGBT community.

Feel sorry for the city of Charlotte as it wasn't a local law, but I like the idea of the NBA standing up to bigoted politicians.

These states who discriminate against certain groups should be subject to financial penalties.

NBA pulled the allstar from Charlotte because of laws enacted by the State targeting the LGBT community.

Feel sorry for the city of Charlotte as it wasn't a local law, but I like the idea of the NBA standing up to bigoted politicians.

These states who discriminate against certain groups should be subject to financial penalties.
It's extra funny when the free market that these states generally love so much is what ends up punishing them for their bigotry.

In addition to the all-star game & boycotts by musicians, plenty of potential employers have pulled jobs out of the state as well.

It's kind of funny too because the NBA is probably the most homophobic league out there by a considerable margin (with the NFL bringing up the second spot).

The Canadian U-18 team won a silver medal in the FIBA Americas tournament. They lost the final game 99-84 against the United States (obviously), but it's yet another sign that the basketball talent in this country is consistently getting better.

Gotta' respect the loyalty from Russ. Wish more NBA players did this to the teams that have invested all of their time and resources into their development.

he has an opt out after the 2nd year and makes 9M more each of the next 2 seasons than he could have if he signed a new deal after the end of next season

Also, 3 years makes him a 10 year player, which means an even bigger pay day.

John Saunders passed away a few days ago, at just 61. He's still the Raps best play by play guy.

Oh man, that's absolutely brutal news. Saunders was so publicly proud of the Raptors run to the ECF and complimentary every time they came up as a topic on ESPN, congratulated them on Twitter, always stressed how proud he was to be a Canadian and Torontonian, and was one of the early important public faces of the franchise.

That seriously sucks so much. Even in the post-season when people were discounting the Raptors chances, he was always right there to defend them. He worked in the States but always maintained his roots here.

61 is such a young age to pass away at too.

Back