• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

raps' go-small second unit just dominating right now.

carrol's a tremendous basketball player. he might be the most well rounded raptor we've ever seen. a fantastic defender, decent jumper (with some distance), can play under the basket, good enough hands to rotate the ball and he brings some size to the table.

and this team's been better with derozan on the bench, tonight.

Raps in the middle of blowing a 29 pt lead...down to single digits inside of 9 minutes left in the 4th. Only scored 10 pts in the 2nd half so far.

Held on, but it was uuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Yeah I watched the tail end of the second half, really thought we were gonna blow it. Ugly, ugly half, but I'll take the W. Apparently there was loud yelling and profanity in the Clippers locker room post game... allegedly Josh Smith and a coach.

Watching the second half I honestly had no idea how the hell they'd managed to build such a lead. Sloppy sloppy stuff all around. We really lack any outside shooting presence too. And without Val are pretty horrifically undersized.

Are the Raptors always chronically undersized or what? I thought one of the assets that Biyombo would bring to the table is that he's a fairly big man, is he not?

Edit: nevermind. Just checked Basketball-Reference and NBA.com and they have him listed at 6'9, 245 while lining up at centre. Yikes.

Watching the second half I honestly had no idea how the hell they'd managed to build such a lead. Sloppy sloppy stuff all around. We really lack any outside shooting presence too. And without Val are pretty horrifically undersized.

Rossd Lowry and carol are all competent outside shooters. Same with ppat.

They Def lack size without val though

I think some comments are a bit harsh in this thread. They've had a rough schedule. ... 11 road games and only one other team has more than 8. And if Includes okc gs and lac where the raps won 2 and almost swung a huge upset vs gs (a chintzy call ended it)

They're playing some good ball.

Rossd Lowry and carol are all competent outside shooters. Same with ppat.

They Def lack size without val though

I think some comments are a bit harsh in this thread. They've had a rough schedule. ... 11 road games and only one other team has more than 8. And if Includes okc gs and lac where the raps won 2 and almost swung a huge upset vs gs (a chintzy call ended it)

They're playing some good ball.

Fair point on the bolded. Actually, if I recall, many commentators and fans expressed the view before the season began that if the Raptors got through this rough stretch of the schedule with a .500 record or thereabouts, they would be in excellent shape the rest of the way, all things considered.

To be 9-6 right now, even with the benefit of that 5-0 start, is pretty good.

Are the Raptors always chronically undersized or what? I thought one of the assets that Biyombo would bring to the table is that he's a fairly big man, is he not?

Edit: nevermind. Just checked Basketball-Reference and NBA.com and they have him listed at 6'9, 245 while lining up at centre. Yikes.

Raps aren't undersized at all. We're actually relatively huge at the 2 & 3. A little below average size at the 4 (though an improvement there over past years), and plenty big at the 5 with Val & Biyombo....whose length plays a lot bigger than his 6'9 suggests

This team is in need of a better starting PF. Scola had done great but not the answer in my opinion.

Also need Ross to get his shit together. That contract may look real bad.

Back