• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

If kawhi is making it clear he's only signing in LA in the offseason and is going to be a rental for anyone other than LA, and if LA is cool waiting a year, the price wont be as high for whoever rents him.

If kawhi is making it clear he's only signing in LA in the offseason and is going to be a rental for anyone other than LA, and if LA is cool waiting a year, the price wont be as high for whoever rents him.

Yeah, this is what I came to say. 1 yr of Kahwi isn't overly valuable. SAS is going to be lucky to get more than 1 decent young rotation piece for that.

And i can see the Raps trying to pull off an OKC with George scenario.

Give Kawahi a year in the easier East, go on a run and make him love it and stay.

If not the cost of 1 year ( maybe a Siakam or Wright, (no OG)) and a couple picks is worth it.

It won't really matter if they give one of them up in exchange for him.

They need to add him without giving up one of the other guys in order for this to make any difference against the West, which it still wouldn't anyway.

Not sure how anyone competes in the videogame league, unless there's some injury obstacles faced by the top dogs.

It won't really matter if they give one of them up in exchange for him.

They need to add him without giving up one of the other guys in order for this to make any difference against the West, which it still wouldn't anyway.

Not sure how anyone competes in the videogame league, unless there's some injury obstacles faced by the top dogs.

This is the key if your going for a title now you need to add Him while keeping DD, Lowry and Val. Ibaka you could move.

If they don’t get Kawhi, what would you guys think of offering Ibaka plus to get Love from Cleveland. I believe he would fit MUCH better than Serge

I'm a big Kevin Love fan. Lebron shitting on him at every opportunity and Lue playing him out of position (especially on the defensive end) has seriously ****ed with his reputation as a ball player. When dude is able to play a legit inside-out game with a mix of back to the basket work inside and spot up 3's outside, he's a legit weapon. Defensively he's miscast trying to defend 5's and gets shit on it for some reason.

Windhorst from ESPN says the Raps have made a compelling offer for Leonard.

I'm going to hate this, I can see it. They're going to fire OG, and 1sts, and stuff out to take one shot at it with Kahwi. He's waited and waited to add an impact body for so long, and he finally chooses to go after one and it's the wrong one to go after.

Well, if he can do it without giving up Demar, **** it, let's see if we can give the Celtics or Sixers a run in the ECF and then maybe make the Warriors actually try for more than 5 games.

Would be fun. I’d be stoked to get legitimately interested in an NBA season again, even if the likelihood is slim to win it all.

Slim is still infinitely more interesting than nonexistent.

I'm going to hate this, I can see it. They're going to fire OG, and 1sts, and stuff out to take one shot at it with Kahwi. He's waited and waited to add an impact body for so long, and he finally chooses to go after one and it's the wrong one to go after.

Well, if he can do it without giving up Demar, **** it, let's see if we can give the Celtics or Sixers a run in the ECF and then maybe make the Warriors actually try for more than 5 games.

I really really don’t want to fire OG out of a cannon but I think I’d be more ok with it if Kahwi came with an extension. Also think Pascal is making good strides forward as a player so I’d be pissed about giving him up as well.

I can see Delon being a piece that would be offered to SA. I just hate seeing any of our young guys go. I think you could grab love for less and he would make a huge impact as well. Not as big of an impact as Kawhi but depending what you need to give up who knows it may work better.

“Be told one thing & the outcome another,” DeRozan said in an Instagram story posted in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. “Can’t trust em. Ain’t no loyalty in this game. Sell you out quickly for a little bit of nothing.”

Agreed - if Kawhi leaves after the year, we just start the rebuild a year early. Going to be tough to win over the next few years with GState at their peak so may as well swing for the fences.

Back