• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

That was a terrible statement by Kawhi. He is looking really bad here. He did not even mention the Raptors by name. I am concerned if he'll show up or not.
You say you look forward to your future but don't mention the Raps? Come on *******.
I wish some of these guys would realize how blessed they are in their lives. NBA players are bad for this.

why would he mention the raps in a letter to San Antonio?

Yep exactly.

You can also be assured that this letter was written and approved by the team and his sports agency.

It's lip service to a fanbase that could have turned on him for demanding a trade.

IMO Kawhi's negative rep is purely driven by the media. He does his talking on the court and that is all that matters. Who cares if the media doesn't like him because he won't talk to them?

He sat out all year and didn't say anything. The guy doesn't say anything. He is who he is. No point in getting frustrated about it. We didn't acquire him to talk.

538's Projected Net Ratings (I like this better than their projecting WARP because it doesn't depend on them estimating playing time).

Kyle 4.1 ------- Kyrie 2.5
Wright 1.3 --- Brown 0.6
OG 0.9 --------- Hayward 2.0
Kawhi 4.6 ---- Tatum 2.9
Jonas 0.7 ---- Horford 1.6

TOR ST 11.6 - BOS ST 9.6 ----- > TOR +2.0

FVV 1.3 --- Rozier 0.7
Green 0.0 - Smart 1.0
Miles -1.2 - Morris -1.1
Siakam 0.5 - Theis 0.6
Ibaka -0.3 -- Baynes -1.4

TOR BN 0.3 - BOS BN -0.2 ----> TOR +0.5

TOTAL TOR +2.5

X4Zqelq.jpg

QHNAA1J.jpg

91A3cop.jpg

...upon close inspection, I'm pretty sure there's a basketball under those catcher's mitts.

damn Masai really pulled this out of the fire, didn't he?

somehow Ujiri managed to acquire maybe not Lebron James, but as close as we're ever going to get here. and in his prime no less.

Back