• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Shit game. If we're looking for some reason for optimism, we played as poorly as possible and still took them to overtime. Hopefully we can come out a lot stronger and take the next one. Washington is not that good.

Thing is the Raptors aren't that good either, and Washington has the edge in rebounding and defense, I'm not very optimistic about this series.

That was incredibly irritating to watch.

We got James Johnson to guard Paul Pierce type matchups and he's glued to the bench for Ross?

Casey let us down today with some weak play call.

I feel some scary de ja vu to the situation we were in as an organization during the Sam Mitchell era, where Mitchell was given a better team on paper than people gave credit for, the team became a mid 40's win team...Mitchell wins coach of the year despite taking a decent roster to exactly where it's talent suggested it should be in the standings and instead of making a change when we clearly topped out and clearly got out coached in a few playoff appearances, we didn't capitalize on the team's new legitimacy around the league, fire Mitchell and bring in a coach that could take the team to a new level.

If Masai fires Casey in the off season, there will be a lot of talking heads yammering about how Casey brought us to back to back Atlantic championships, etc, etc....but this is now a Raptors team and organization that doesn't have to go trawling for good assistant coaches to be our next bench boss. We could easily attract a high level NBA coach into this situation.

I know that's he's smart...but firing Casey isn't just "smart", it requires balls because the optics of it look poor to the average fan and talking head.

Depending on the coaching hire. If Masai is able to court a high profile coach i don't think anyone would question it. If he hires a rookie coach...watch out media shitstorm.

If Masai fires Casey in the off season, there will be a lot of talking heads yammering about how Casey brought us to back to back Atlantic championships, etc, etc....but this is now a Raptors team and organization that doesn't have to go trawling for good assistant coaches to be our next bench boss. We could easily attract a high level NBA coach into this situation.

I think there's a decent amount of dissatisfaction in the fan base over Casey, and among some reporters, that a firing would mostly accepted. Especially with a first round exit. Firing after a second round defeat would take some more cajones.

Casey is god damn irritating and i worry winning the division and 49 games is enough to keep his job

I further worry that since Casey doesn't use Val properly that he's moved in the summer for something

Brian Windhorst
The NBA has fined Masai Ujiri $35,000 & the Raptors an additional $25,000 for using obscene language in a public setting yesterday.

Masai Ujiri swear jar.

Back