• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Cavs are now 3-2 since the ZOMG trade deadline where the Cavs were back and ready to run straight through the EC again.

Maybe everyone shouldn't just give up?

The unstoppable Cavs are now 4-3 since the trade deadline.

2 of their 4 wins have been against trash bag teams (Memphis and Brooklyn). They've dropped 3 games against decent but hardly elite competition (Philly, San Antonio minus Leonard, Wizards)

Raps should be 6-0 over that same time period, short of a disgustingly bad call on a Val And-1 at the buzzer of the game against the Bucks.

Raps are a great team. It’s too bad the warriors have dream team 4 - otherwise be raps would be heading champ favs.

Also, Casey’s gotta get coach of the year, no?

Raps might win 60. Tough the Leafs are really good too otherwise I'd be enjoying the Raps success a lot more. Real good shot at going to the finals.

the bench mob is pretty insane. Poeltl/Siakim/Wright/VanVleet all look like they can be plus starters in the NBA.

Hell, if Siakim can get his shooting stroke down, he might be much more than that.

the bench mob is pretty insane. Poeltl/Siakim/Wright/VanVleet all look like they can be plus starters in the NBA.

Hell, if Siakim can get his shooting stroke down, he might be much more than that.

They are fun to watch. And their dominance early on in 4th quarters has saved the starters a LOT of minutes. I believe, with CJ, they are the best 5 man unit in the NBA in points differential this season. Really impressive stuff, and have to give credit to Masai.

best in the NBA in points diff....by a country mile.

of course, it's not fair to compare them to units that play mostly against starting lineups.

Some really nice decision making by Demar down the stretch. really nice. refreshing to see.

And man, OG really is a huge part of the starting lineup. They were awful without him the first 15-20gms of the year, and are awful without him now.

Question when it’s the playoffs and get less time for opponent bench guys. Our bench guys dominate most teams’ bench guys. Want happens when we aren’t playing against depth guys as much? Honestly, not sure I trust our starting 5 come playoff time to take over games against elite competition. And our bench guys probably won’t fare as strong against the elite to help like they are in the regular season to push leads or get us back into games.

Question when it’s the playoffs and get less time for opponent bench guys. Our bench guys dominate most teams’ bench guys. Want happens when we aren’t playing against depth guys as much? Honestly, not sure I trust our starting 5 come playoff time to take over games against elite competition. And our bench guys probably won’t fare as strong against the elite to help like they are in the regular season to push leads or get us back into games.

The answer to that question probably dictates how far this team goes.

Thing is, who are we talking about? Boston & the Cavs? Who on Boston other than Kyrie, and on the Cavs over than Lebron is really someone we expect to be able to dominate the bench mob?

I think the ability we have to throw the bench mob onto the floor and force opposition to either burn their starters out against fresh legs that move the ball around as good as anyone in the league, or put their scrubs on the floor to rest their starters, is going to be huge in a 7 game series if it's used right.

Yeah, if we make the finals we're going to have problems with Houston or the Warriors, because they're really, really ****ing good. But Boston & the Cavs I'm not worried about the bench mob not being able to handle being out against parts of their starting lineup.

Last edited:
Our bench is seriously awesome, but let's not forget that our starting lineup has been pretty awesome too.

The starting lineup has a 12.1 net rating, which makes them one of the best starting lineups in the league. It just pales in comparison to the hilarious 26.3 the bench is putting up, which is the best 5 man unit in the entire league, bar none.

What's kind of amazing, though, is the difference that OG/Powell have seen on that starting unit.

Poeltl/Siakim/Miles/Wright/VanVleet: 207min, +26.3netrtg, +19.4pts/36min
Jonas/Ibaka/OG/Derozan/Lowry: 655min, +12.1netrtg, +8.3pts/36min
Jonas/Ibaka/Norm/Derozan/Lowry: 192min, -7.5netrtg, -5.1pts/36min

Back