• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

If Toronto beats the New York Knicks in Madison Square Garden or Chicago loses to the Charlotte Bobcats, the Raptors get the No. 3 seed. However, if the Raptors lose and the Bulls win Wednesday, all of a sudden Chicago is the No. 3 seed, and Miami may have a tougher matchup in the second round.

As for the No. 5 seed, it will be filled by the Brooklyn Nets as long as they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers Wednesday or the Washington Wizards lose to the Boston Celtics. However, if the Wizards beat Boston and the Cavaliers beat Brooklyn, then Washington would get the No. 5 seed.

And there you have it...

Someone want to 'splain to me why the Bulls are a tougher matchup than the Raps? The Raps were 6-12 at the time of the Gay trade and 42-21 since. That's a 82 game pace of 55-27 record. Currently Indiana leads the conference with 55 wins, and 1 game remaining, and the Heat have 54 with 1 game remaining. Everyone wants to line up to play the Raptors and they've been as good as the 2 elite teams in the conference since this group was put together.

Since the Gay trade:

2-1 vs Indy
0-2 vs Miami
2-1 vs Chicago
2-1 vs Brooklyn
2-1 vs Washington
0-2 vs Charlotte
2-1 vs Atlanta

Be mother****ing careful what you wish for.

Another fun fact?

Since the Gay trade, the Raptors are 5-9 against the teams in the league that finished with 50 wins or more. 37-12 against everyone else....why does Brooklyn want a piece of this again?

The mid level teams, 40-49 game winners: 11-6 record.

Hey if those mother****ers want the team with the best record in the Eastern Conference for most of the season and the best road record, bring it on. This team post-Gay was on a 55 win pace and had they traded him at the start of the year they very well could have won that many games.

Nets are a weird team. They are 4-0 against Heat, 2-2 vs Raptors but 0-4 vs Indiana. They have quite a few cocky guys though so against some of the lower teams they just play like it doesn't matter what kind of decisions they make(Williams can be very selfish). It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't pay as much attention to NBA but it seems young, athletic teams give Nets a lot more problems.

Garnett is garbage now (under 7 PPG and barely over 20 MPG this year), but Pierce still scares me because the Raptors don't really have anyone that can match up against him defensively.

Nets are a weird team. They are 4-0 against Heat, 2-2 vs Raptors but 0-4 vs Indiana. They have quite a few cocky guys though so against some of the lower teams they just play like it doesn't matter what kind of decisions they make(Williams can be very selfish). It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't pay as much attention to NBA but it seems young, athletic teams give Nets a lot more problems.

one of the Nets wins vs the Raptors was during the Gay Era. Since the Gay Era ended, the Raps are 2-1 with a +13 against them

Yeah, if the Nets didn't have Pierce I wouldn't be worried about them at all. But they'd be out of the playoffs without him....

The only thing that scares me about the Nets is that they have a rotation deep enough to keep games against us close, and that Paul Pierce **** is still money in the clutch.

The key to the series is going to be physically abusing Pierce and Garnett. Make D-Will, Joe Johnson, etc have to beat us. I'd actually like to see the first 2 games go to 2OT. Even if we just split the two games, if Pierce and Garnett play 45-50 minutes in a loss, that's huuuge.

Yeah, Pierce scares the shit out of me. But still, I like our odds regardless of our first round match up.

I was praying that Brooklyn would suck all year so that we could trade for Pierce. He's exactly what we need to take on a legit contender in a 7 game series.

I was praying that Brooklyn would suck all year so that we could trade for Pierce. He's exactly what we need to take on a legit contender in a 7 game series.

Yup. My hope is that he's old enough that his body just can't stand up to the rigours of a 7-game series. Looks like Garnett's already pretty diminished, would be great if Pierce caught up to him. There was a point in time where D-Will would have scared me too, but I like the match up against Lowry. I have a feeling Lowry's going to be pretty special in the playoffs.

Yup. My hope is that he's old enough that his body just can't stand up to the rigours of a 7-game series. Looks like Garnett's already pretty diminished, would be great if Pierce caught up to him. There was a point in time where D-Will would have scared me too, but I like the match up against Lowry. I have a feeling Lowry's going to be pretty special in the playoffs.

Garnett is done. I'm not sure of his contract situation, but if he's a FA, I can see him just hanging them up. He's got nothing left to prove and he's almost 38. 25000+ points, 14200 rebounds, 5300 assists, 2000+ blocks. 188.5 career win shares. That's 8th all time FFS.

15 all star game selections
1 NBA MVP
1 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
4 NBA 1st team selections
3 NBA 2nd team selections
9 NBA All Defensive 1st team selections
Top 10 all time in total rebounding
Top 50 in assists....seriously, ****ing assists

But he's a shell of his former self, a shell of the shell of his former self now. It's like watching Shaq play for Phoenix at this point.

The only thing to worry about in a brooklyn series would be the refs.

Nba obviously would want the NYC team to advance, not that team from canada.

Back