• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

this actualmy makes some sense. and I hate Ibaka.

nurse made it clear that it's Val matching real centers like thomas/Baynes, and Ibaka matching stretch 5s like love/Horford.

we just gotta hope Ibaka can make it work.

If he just plays aggressive and doesn't just take contested jumpers I have no issue with him. His paint presence and ability to guard mobile 5's is a plus. Just can't have him be an offensive black hole.

what'll be interesting to see is how badly Ibaka has to struggle before nurse tries something really interesting like letting Siakam try to guard those mobile Cs.

Anyway, what a pleasure to watch. Even if it’s onky for one year we’re lucky to see such an incredible talent on our team.

He’s so clearly a cut or two above Vince and bosh. Forget about demar - they’re not even in the same conversation.

what'll be interesting to see is how badly Ibaka has to struggle before nurse tries something really interesting like letting Siakam try to guard those mobile Cs.

conceit.JPG

nurse is a genius. Ibaka's best game as a rap - guarded Horford better than most anyone can. and used all of his length to score over him.

what a statement win.

I still can't quite believe how overrated the Celtics have been this year. they don't even have one player near as good as lowry, let alone Kawhi. though i guess young Tatum has the upside to get there eventually.

Anyway, what a pleasure to watch. Even if it’s onky for one year we’re lucky to see such an incredible talent on our team.

He’s so clearly a cut or two above Vince and bosh. Forget about demar - they’re not even in the same conversation.

the funny thing is that while Kawhi is clearly the best player in raps history....the 2nd best is....kyle Lowry.

Lowry v Vince is a fun little argument.

Also, CJ Miles is going to not play a lot of minutes me thinks, if the dude isn't shooting i don't know what he does exactly, and he's rendered obsolete by Danny Green and improved 3 point shooting from others.

nurse is a genius. Ibaka's best game as a rap - guarded Horford better than most anyone can. and used all of his length to score over him.

what a statement win.

I still can't quite believe how overrated the Celtics have been this year. they don't even have one player near as good as lowry, let alone Kawhi. though i guess young Tatum has the upside to get there eventually.

Kyrie is definitely better and more impactful than Kyle when healthy.

Not sure how the Celtics are overrated. One of the deeper teams (if not the deepest) in the league. I mean Rozier and Brown were both stars last year and they are merely bit players on this roster. They just need time to gel like us and will be a force in the playoffs. Clear as day this is a two-team race for the East. Philly is still a step behind.

zeke seems to have a weird anti-Boston bias across most sports. I would love to see a comparison of Kyrie vs. Kyle, cause I never would have thought to advocate for Lowry being superior to Kyrie.

but yeah, Leonard is the best player on both teams, and its not close.

personally I think Boston is loaded with impressive young talent (Brown and Tatum I may like more than any of our young pieces), but I think the cap will catch up to them and hurt their depth sooner than later.

good win though. excited to see this team once they settle in and hit their groove.

Kyrie is definitely better and more impactful than Kyle when healthy.

Not sure how the Celtics are overrated. One of the deeper teams (if not the deepest) in the league. I mean Rozier and Brown were both stars last year and they are merely bit players on this roster. They just need time to gel like us and will be a force in the playoffs. Clear as day this is a two-team race for the East. Philly is still a step behind.

Kyrie is not even in the conversation with Kyle, to be honest. Lowry has been a top 10 player in basketball by rpm 3 years running. He can score as well as Kyrie, but does everything else much better. All Kyrie can do is score - but even then, he's not good enough at that to actually contend for scoring titles. And he's a liability everywhere else. he's the Cousins of point guards, except cousins was a perennial top 5 scorer, not a borderline top 10 scorer like Kyrie. Kyrie's Celtics finishes with a wholen2 more wins than Isaiah'snceltics got the year before. and that was only because they added Tatum. meanwhile the Cavs once again made the finals without him. And make no mistake, Kyle is THE reason the Raps have been one fornthe best teams in the league 5yrs running, even with a liability like Demar getting such a prominent role.

Rozier and Brown are not stars. Vanvleet and Wright had much better seasons than either. The raps were a much deeper team than the Celts last year, and are again this year. The raps were a far better team than the Celts last year both in record and underlying numbers, and then upgraded their biggest weakness into an mvp candidate.

The Celts don't possess even one top-25 player. The raps have 2 top 10s. And the Raps are deeper.

and yet the Celts have been lauded as prohibitive eastern favorites and a threat to the warriors. which is just crazy talk.

Last edited:
Back