• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Nice to see them beat down the Cavs. Reggie Miller can't stop gushing about Wright, Van Vleet, Poetl, OG and the rest of the youngins.

Yeah, big (and rare) appearance for the guys on US TV. Hopefully they can continue the beat down.

All without Lowry and Ibaka, too.

DTTtoiKU0AAP0I9.jpg

It would be awesome if Raps could add another high 30’s 3 point shooter. Less needed if DeRozan keeps hitting.

man these kids on the bench are something else.

if masai could figure out a way to get someone like paul george they'd be legit title contenders.

Got to give Masai credit for filling in the pipeline with hungry, talented kids. They've been a real strength this year.

Didn't watch the game but nice to see us lay a beatdown like that while missing two of our starters.

Raps are 3rd in the league in offensive rating, 4th in defensive rating, 2nd in net rating. Also 2nd in actual point differential, and 3rd best win percentage.

Raps lose by 2 to the Warriors w/o Lowry, pretty impressive showing. Came back from a bunch down too.

Get us a 3rd star Masai.

Raps were down 10 in the 4 q against Minny a few mins ago but went on a run and now up 1. Lowry stepping up with 37 pts

Detroit trying to sneak into the 8th seed with a 28 yr old who can't stay healthy and looks to be on the decline (though is still pretty good)

and he's making max for the next 4 years.

This is a very, very Pistons move. They basically decided to say **** it and go for an expensive 45 wins every year, and a 1st round punting at the hands of a top team in the conference in the first round.

Wonder who if anyone will the raps go for??

It's tough. They could really use an impact starter if they're going to be the legit favourite in the east. Boston is beatable, and Cleveland definitely looks wounded. Ideally it would be a SF for the starting lineup, or a scoring SG for the bench. But it would have to be someone who fits the ball movement offence we've finally developed.

Not a ton to choose from out there that's likely to move though. Rodney Hood could be an option at SF, bringing Lou back as a bench weapon might work.

Vince Carter
Marco Belinelli

I assume what they are able/willing to trade includes BeBe, Bruno and a 2nd ( cant deal a 1st b2b years)

As for Detroit, they just clogged up their front court with Drummond/Blake and will have spacing issues IMO, and also have absolutely no shooting to complement those dudes.

Blake at 35M might be the worst contract in the league, despite him still being good. Clipp were smart to do this, while Detroit is likely mired in a first roud exit ceiling for the forseeable future. I'm not even sure they chase down Philly or whoever this year.

Back