• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Lowry and Derozan same shit as always. The rest of the team is moving the ball really well. Miles has a great shot so good to see him get it off in the first game.

OG is going to be an interesting prospect to watch. Lots of potential there. A lot of reports that he could've been a top 5ish pick this past draft if not for the injury. Hopefully he gets healthy and becomes a solid starter. Having Miles and Powell come off the bench could really solidify this team.

Besides the Bruno pick Masai hasn't missed much it seems. All the guys taken seem to be at worst solid rotation pieces.

Some Canadian related NBA news:

- Wiggins hits 3 at buzzer in win over Thunder

- Jay Triano named interim head coach of Suns

Last edited:
And they actually looked way better for most of the night. Tons of open shots generated off of good ball movement. They just shot terribly.

Yeah they did look good for a good majority of the night. Rebounding really hurt them last night. Hard to get some extra or prevent extra buckets when your out-rebounded by over 20 boards. JV would have helped there but Ibaka needs to hit the boards more IMO. No reason he can’t average 6-7 boards a game.

poeltl, wright, siakam all making great plays all game and in the clutch....

...and these same fakestars lowry demar ibaka just keep screwing up with the ball in their hands. awful shots, turnovers, you name it. only thing they've done in the 4th is sink some jumpers off of great passes from the kids.

tired of these guys.

take the lead thanks to the kids....and then demar and lowry take 5 awful hero ball iso clanks to lose the game.

absolutely pathetic.

The last 3-4 minutes were painful to watch. ISO ball sucks. I agree use it from time to time but not every dam possession.

Anyways. I think more games like this for Poeltl makes their decision easier to try to move JV. OG is looking like a good pickup this draft.

If Delon can improve his outside shot, this guy will make us forget CoryJo quickly.

On another note Demarre is playing pretty damn good in Brooklyn

The NBA is so predictable. You pretty much know who will win and who will lose on any given night.

The Raptors are probably one of the easiest teams to make bets on depending on their opponent.

Great win by the raptors.

Never seen the full game. But at the end when Derozan came in it seemed like the ball movement slowed down A LOT.

William Lou
@william_lou
OG Anunoby's 1st career start (full offense + defensive highlights)
- Holds James Harden to 8-25 FG, 9 TOV
- Scores 16 PTS on 6-8 FG with 3-4 3PT
- Game-high +22

Daniel Hackett @dhackett1565
13m
This doesn't begin to describe how awesome OG was on Harden last night.

Harden's numbers with OG on the floor: 2/15 from the floor, 1/6 from 3, 6 AST and 6 TOV, -12 in 23 MP.

When OG sat, he was 6/10 from the floor, 2/5 from 3, 5 AST, 3 TOV, +10 in 16 MP.

Holy crap.

Was looking the other day and OG, Poeltl and Siakim are all top 5 in their draft class in WS/48, VORP and BPM. Wright is 3rd in BPM, 7th in WS/48 and 12th in VORP, and Powell is top 15 in all three.

Its early, but looks like some good drafting.

so ready to trade all the vets.

still can't believe that in all his years Masai hasn't been able to add even one solid plus starter to the team. not one. Ibaka is the best and he's barely average.

Is Ibaka done? I haven't been watching a ton, but from what I have seen, and the box scores, seems like he has taken a big step back. And his shooting, especially from long range, is awful.

Have to give credit to Masai for keeping the right young guys, drafting well, and building organizational depth. But yeah, his pro scouting... not quite on the same level. And I was really excited when we brought Ibaka in...

Back