• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Lebron is coming to Toronto. Book it

It would be a very Lebron thing to do. He could even make it a political statement, which he seems more and more willing to do the deeper we get into the Trump presidency.

Like I said earlier, I don't think we're in the top tier of likely. But even in that tier, the only seamless transition I see is SAS.

-Houston revolves around the Beard and the entire team philosophy is to chuck 3's. I think they'd rather look for veteran ring chasers to make their 3&D style a bit tighter. They won't say no to Lebron of course, but there's some definite style issues to consider there. Would they actually be better taking the ball out of prime Harden's hands? Also would have to win at least one and maybe two NBA finals level series just to make the NBA finals, because western conference.

-I know Philly is the sexy pick (especially with Colangelo out) but I see massive style problems there. Ben Simmons is not an off the ball player, not until he gets a jump shot and Lebron isn't deferring in Philly to ****ing anyone. He might go there, they might win the east but he's not winning a 'chip there imo.

-Lakers would need to make about 3-4 major moves first before Lebron would agree to go lake show, but they do have Magic Johnson doing the sell job there. I would imagine that Lavar Ball would have to be shot into space, or otherwise silenced before Lebron would agree to anything there. I could see PG3 and whatever stud they're able to turn their spare kids into being at least somewhat interesting. Downside is that he'd have to get through at least 2 of SAS, Rockets, GSW to just make the finals. That's a mother****er of a gauntlet. Also see them a lot more in the regular season than Lebron led teams have ever had to see premium western conference teams

- Dark horse though...****ing Celtics. Do they fire Kyrie out of a cannon and bring in Lebron? They definitely win the east with that move and it's probably the easiest match style wise for Lebron, as well as the easiest path to the finals.

I've considered the idea that Lebron would come to Toronto, but never really said it out loud or put it on the internets. But I guess its out there now.

I consider it highly unlikely, but you never know. Personnel wise we are in many ways a good fit for him. And a top team in the East (regular season at least) without him.

Raptors plus Lebron vs Celtics plus Kyrie would be a helluva ECF too.

But I don't want to get too excited. Or excited at all. Odds are still quite slim in my estimation.

Yeah, it really depends on a few assumptions

1) Lebron wants to avoid the west
2) Lebron doesn't see Philly as a legit destination
3) Boston doesn't do what Boston tends to always do and pull elite talent out of their asses
4) This isn't all a monster head fake, and Cleveland doesn't sign Boogie/PG and trade mother****ing everything to get a legit 3rd option. It's not like Cleveland doesn't have some legit options. They hold a cheap ass QO on Rodney Hood, Larry Nance JR makes less than 3M next season. Korver and Clarkson are moveable. Love is moveable (or just keep him, as a #3 option he's fine). Hill, TT, and JR Smith are anchors, but they're anchors that other teams might swap you other anchors for that might be better fits....like, I would do Serge/stuff for TT and Nance/Hood for example.

If all of those conditions are met (which is possible), LeBronto would be an excellent option for him.

problem is the raptors cannot win in the playoffs if lebron is on the court....

tenor.gif

I don't see Lebron coming here.

I wonder what Masai has up his sleeve. With Nurse taking charge of the team it'll be interesting to see what we do from a roster standpoint. No draft pick this year. I wonder if we'll look to a team selling a pick. We have the trade exception from the Carroll deal that we can still use? As well as the Cojo one? I know they can't be combined.

Some interesting prospects in the draft. I don't see us getting into the top 10 without moving Lowry or Derozan.

Still beating that "tear it down" drum eh?

No going to happen and a bad idea in general.

No no. I mean to say that i'm curious how Masai tries to improve on the roster. Blowing it up doesn't make sense yet. That drum was being beat at a time where this team had gotten stomped. I'm irrational in the immediate time when my teams lose.

But on a serious note... what can we do to improve?

AND to add to that last piece.

Gutting the roster could possibly bring us back to the shit days. I'll take this team giving me a full season + half playoffs of quality play over being garbage the whole year. Just from a personal entertainment standpoint. Winning would be great but short of getting Lebron or Durant i don't see that happening.

We need to get lucky at the draft. Maybe Anunoby surprises and becomes a beast.

i do wonder if the Lakers trade for Kawhi and sign Lebron.

Lebron, Kawhi, Ingram, Ball, whatever whatever

Kouzma, Randle, 1st, 1st should be enough of a base to start a competitive offer for the Spurs

This is a golden opportunity for Masai. There's no excuse to not be balls deep here. Want to make LeBronto an actual thing? Get Leonard.

It seems like if you aren't a premier FA destination you aint attracting shit unless you trade for a guy like Harden early in his career, or draft a superstar.

Back