• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

post a fact about beer.

In Czech Republic, the average person drinks 346 12-ounce bottles of beer per year — the most of any other country.

I'm guessing there's something to this, but somehow a brewing giant in the microbrew business seems like a match made in hell. :(

The North American subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, maker of Budweiser and Stella Artois, is moving into the craft beer business, announcing Wednesday it will buy Blue Point Brewing Co., a N.Y. craft brewery.

Anheuser-Busch, based in St. Louis, did not disclose terms of the deal, but the move is the latest in efforts to expand AB InBev's footprint. ...

Blue Point first began brewing craft beers 15 years ago in Patchogue, N.Y., and has become popular on the East Coast.

InBev to buy Blue Point Brewing

long%20beer.jpg

Well, it's not a fact about beer per say, but it is a news story involving beer:

Beer contaminated with crocodile bile kills 56 in Mozambique, sends dozens more to hospital

A traditional Mozambican beer served at a funeral led to hundreds of mourners getting sick. Police are investigating what caused the contamination

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sunday, January 11, 2015, 3:59 PM

Contaminated traditional beer has killed 56 people in Mozambique, health authorities in the southern African country said on Sunday.

An additional 49 people were admitted to hospitals in the Chitima and Songo districts in the northeastern Tete province, and 146 more people have reported to hospitals to be examined for the poisoning, district health official Alex Albertini told Radio Mozambique.

Those who drank the contaminated brew were attending a funeral in the region on Saturday, Albertini said.

Pombe, a traditional Mozambican beer, is made from millet or corn flour. Authorities believe that the drink was poisoned with crocodile bile during the course of the funeral.

Blood and traditional beer samples were being sent to the capital Maputo to be tested, said provincial health director Carle Mosse.

"We don't have the capacity to test the samples," she told Radio Mozambique.

Click link above to read entire article.

I love Beer and even though I am a few month shy of my 18th B-Day I have been drinking it since I was 15. I do enjoy Molson Lager and the Molson Cider is also actually pretty good.

I'm going to post beer facts about me, and revive this moribund thread for no reason other than I like beer. Alot. ;):geek:

1. I have 1226 check ins on Untappd, but only 771 unique beers. (message me if you want a follow. 😁)
  2. I have a list of at least 1000 (probably more) beers on my own personal ratings list I created. It has its own rating system, before I discovered Untappd. I've only added a few of those beers to my Untappd list, but my goal is to get to all of them eventually.
  3. My highest rated beer is actually several: Pliny the Younger, Pliny the Elder (I like the Younger slightly better though) and Pliny for President [Russian River], several of the Black Tuesday brews [The Bruery], Fondness by local greats Ogopogo, T.O.R.I.S. the Tyrant by Akron-based Hoppin' Frog, Firestone Walker's version of the Black is Beautiful special release from 2020, and two by local brewmasters Bottle Logic, Voltaic Stack and Ghost Proton (the 2020 versions).
  4. The lowest rated beer was one I couldn't give no rating for, so I gave it a .25 rating. It was the Ginger Beard Spiced Stout by Josephsbrau (Trader Joe's label). It was horrific.
  5. I've visited in person the following breweries: Green Flash, Ballast Point and Stone in San Diego, Ogopogo in San Gabriel (CA), Mt. Lowe in Arcadia (CA), Lagunitas in Chicago, HopTree in Hudson (OH), Side Project, Perennial and Urban Chestnut in St. Louis and Great Lakes in Cleveland. Oh, and the InBev-AB facilities in St. Louis, too (seems like a must). Not that many, but if I were to add in the beer gardens (not the breweries themselves), there'd be quite a few more.
  6. Favorites? Stouts and IPAs, though I've become more enamored of sours and saisons recently.
  7. Don't like? Mead: Don't get it. Ciders: just no. Seltzers: really not my style. And anything pumpkin. Can't stand pumpkin.

I can only drink Gluten Free Beer.

Fact: Most Gluten free Beer is bad and cost a lot of money.
If you're still around, Stone's Delicious IPA is gluten-free and quite good, and Omission makes a really good GF lager. I've had friends tell me about others (Athletic, Glutenberg Blonde, Two Brothers Artisan Ale Prairie Path Golden Ale), but I can't personally attest to those.

Having just experienced this for the first time last week (received four as a belated b-day gift), I can say with confidence that Teku glasses make beer taste better.
Who's with me? ;)

Back