• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

That's silly. The only reason he made a lateral move to Canada because of the larger market. It gives him a better shot to win.

We all love AA, but like I said before Rogers is a conservative corporation that wanted someone with a meatier resume and a more conservative style to run the show.

He's a small market thinker.

If the team shits the bed to start the year the attendance will decrease regardless if AA is here or not. Its just how fans in this city are.

I do think though that the goodwill would have lasted longer without this. It did take some time after the WS years to have truly shit attendance.

I do think though that the goodwill would have lasted longer without this. It did take some time after the WS years to have truly shit attendance.

I think if Shapiro makes good moves and the roster looks competitive the attendance will be fine. If we lose out on Price and Rogers goes cheap i can see a big dip. If they shit the bed completely then it'll be a big time disaster.

Good news is the fans proved that if you build it they will come. Bring in more good players.

To not be able to work with a AA, and allow him to walk in such a situation, doesn't instill much confidence in me about the kind of decision making skills Shapiro has.

The best strength any leader can have, is knowing the talent you have around you and how to best maximize their abilities. Letting (causing?) AA to walk.....is a pretty big failure.

To not be able to work with a AA, and allow him to walk in such a situation, doesn't instill much confidence in me about the kind of decision making skills Shapiro has.

The best strength any leader can have, is knowing the talent you have around you and how to best maximize their abilities. Letting (causing?) AA to walk.....is a pretty big failure.

I agree. But perhaps AA didn't want to work for him. Or their styles were not simpatico.

If true, having your first meeting criticizing moves made which got the team into the playoffs for the first time in 22 years is ****ing stupid.

And yes, it shows me he has a small market mentality.

I'm too lazy to dig it up but i'd be interested in seeing if you held this view prior to our run. Not to be a dick but i doubt the majority of the people in an uproar right now felt the same about AA when we were .500 in July.

I'm too lazy to dig it up but i'd be interested in seeing if you held this view prior to our run. Not to be a dick but i doubt the majority of the people in an uproar right now felt the same about AA when we were .500 in July.

which was when Rogers and Shapiro struck their deal

Last thing I can be accused of is being a hypocrite when it comes to AA......I've been his biggest fan since day 1.

I was one of the handful pointing to our pythagorean record as a sign of the quality of the team we had (as did AA, obviously) versus lamenting what our record was. Hell, even our final record didn't do justice to the quality of baseball the team played on the season as a whole.

If the Jays/Shapiro used the .500 record as their rationale for what took place.....it speaks even more loudly to the error we just made, as we let the one guy with a clue, walk.

Last edited:
I'm legit scared Shapiro uses his small market expertise combined with Rogers cheapness and we see a rotation consisting of, Stroman, Dickey, cheapest FA possible, Sanchez, Hutchison, and a bullpen consisting of Osuna, Cecil, Loup, Hendriks, 2 affordable veterans and Tepera.

I don't for one minute think we'll nab Price now, and instead be that team lurking in January when some SP need jobs, and get them for value, regardless if they are good or not, and to boot only get one of them

You want someone to blame, blame Rick Brace, the broadcast exec who runs the Jays and Ed Rogers, who's best move was choosing the right parents.

Last thing I can be accused of is being a hypocrite when it comes to AA......I've been his biggest fan since day 1.

I was one of the handful pointing to our pythagorean record as a sign of the quality of the team we had (as did AA, obviously) versus lamenting what our record was. Hell, even our final record didn't do justice to the quality of baseball the team played on the season as a whole.

Don't take my post as an attack on you as i see the value you bring to the board. I'm making a generalization on the fanbase as i believe what i said to be the case.

For myself i think if the team continues to produce i will quickly forget AA. I like the guy and believe he did some great things for the organization. He legitimately sounds choked up listening to his interview on PTS.

I pray that Shapiro is as good as we've been told.

In fairness to Shapiro, he never has had money to spend so let's wait and see before we freak out on the he's never gonna spend train. He may not, and at that point, like January or February, then you can blast away.

Back