• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I'll eat crow on the Happ signing... so far. He's been fantastic.

And Storen... major league relievers seem to be as voodoo prone as goaltending prospects. Still like the trade, too bad it hasn't worked out. Revere's just not that good though.

Yanks gave up scraps for Chapman in the offseason... nice flip if they get Gleyber + for him.

JonHeyman

Gleyber Torres, who's been scratched, was in offer to Yankees. Torres plus for chapman is on table. #cubs #yanks

Bautista is back. Playing RF and hitting lead-off. Martin is also back in the line-up.

Last edited:
I really don't get putting Jose in the leadoff spot, particularly when they'll have a blackthole hitting in front of him.

I really don't get putting Jose in the leadoff spot, particularly when they'll have a blackthole hitting in front of him.

Looks like Martin's back today, so Travis is hitting in the 9 spot. I like that - our 4 best hitter are 1-4 in the lineup, and Tulo/Martin/Pillar/Smoak/Travis is still a very strong 5-9 as well.

Forum is dead this evening...

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal now14 seconds ago
Sources: #BlueJays front-runners for the #Padres’ Melvin Upton Jr. #Orioles, #Indians remain involved in talks.

I want more pitching help more than i want a hitter. We really need to figure out the bullpen. Whether that involves moving Sanchez to the pen or not we need 1 more quality arm.

Forum is dead this evening...

I want more pitching help more than i want a hitter. We really need to figure out the bullpen. Whether that involves moving Sanchez to the pen or not we need 1 more quality arm.

I don't understand going for Upton, anyways. I mean, he's only a marginal upgrade on Carrera, and I do like having the left handed bat in Carrera on the bench. We've heavily right handed as it is, so I don't see the need for Upton. I guess if he comes cheaply, at least we should trust him a little more in RF for the games that Bautista needs to DH, or as insurance when Saunders/JB get hurt again, but I'd still rather a LH bat if possible. At least apparently there are a ton of OF out there ready to be dealt, so at least the pricetag should be pretty low.

Maybe Storen goes the other way to offset money. If cheap we might be able to get a package deal of Upton and Cashner. 2 birds in 1 deal.

I'd like to see Shatkins do something. This team is close and could us a bit of a boost. They probably don't need a major boost like last year but a little help would be nice.

Upton is clearly better than Carrera, with the stick and glove.

And his stick would replace Smoak in the lineup, not any of our other OF

Edwin 1B, and DH could be rotated between Upton, Joey, and Saunders, any and all of which could use a break from the field. When Smoak plays, EE DH's and you could also give Saunders a blow vs a tough LH

I'd prefer Beltran or Morales, but i assume they like Upton because he's under control for next year.

We've been pretty lucky with injuries in the pitching department, I'd like relief of course, but I'd love to see us get a good arm in here as well.
We may need to nurse Estrada.

Back