• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

There is just something about this team that is not connecting with people. The drop in attendance is very significant.

2001: 23rd
2002: 25th
2003: 23rd
2004: 24th
2005: 23rd
2006: 18th
2007: 18th
2008: 18th
2009: 22nd
2010: 26th
2011: 25th
2012: 23rd
2013: 14th
2014: 17th
2015: 8th
2016: 3rd
2017: 5th
2018: 17th

Getting right back down into Rogers' comfort zone, looks like.

Jays typically don't draw well in April & May. We all know this. If they are that low by the ASG, Rogers should be concerned.

Jays typically don't draw well in April & May. We all know this. If they are that low by the ASG, Rogers should be concerned.

We're talking about the last 2 seasons compared to this year. The drop is significant.

If you watched the last 2 years April's vs. this years April you'll notice a serious decrease of bums in seats.

In March/April 2017 the Jays had 10 games over 30,000 with 5 of them being over 40,000 (12 games in total).

In March/April 2018, the Jays had 5 games over 30,000 with 1 of them being over 40,000 (16 games in total).

We're talking about the last 2 seasons compared to this year. The drop is significant.

If you watched the last 2 years April's vs. this years April you'll notice a serious decrease of bums in seats.

Yeah, definitely seems to be down over the past. I don't know how accurate this site is, but showing a lot of negatives: http://www.crowdhitter.com/blue-jays-home-attendance-stats/

Basically, weekday crowds are back to the 17-20k range, whereas last year it was closer to 30k. No way we're cracking 3m this year in total fans given the start.

Arden Zwelling @ArdenZwelling
1m
John Schneider's tracking Vlad Guerrero Jr.'s exit velocities.

Through 26 games, Guerrero's put more than 30 balls in play at 100+ mph. He's hit 117. One night, he put four balls in play — the slowest was 107.

1m

Through 26 games, Guerrero's put more than 30 balls in play at 100+ mph. He's hit 117. One night, he put four balls in play — the slowest was 107.

1m

To put that into MLB context. Only 8 balls in MLB have been hit 117.0 or harder this season so far.

In Jays news:
-trade for Urshella from Cleveland for cash. Not sure where he fits - primarily a defensive 3B. Dunno if we'll experiment with him at SS, or if it means JD's going to DH more often.
-Dome's open right now.

In Jays news:
-trade for Urshella from Cleveland for cash. Not sure where he fits - primarily a defensive 3B. Dunno if we'll experiment with him at SS, or if it means JD's going to DH more often.
-Dome's open right now.

Something small like this shouldn't bug me and probably doesn't mean anything but it wreaks of lazy management. Jays are running low on infielders, lets call Shatkins old buddies in Cleveland and grab a cheap one. Almost no work involved and it doesn't really help the team much. A little more work and maybe they talk around the league for infielders and find one that shouldn't be available but is for some reason or something. I don't know...I just don't like this management team.

Back