• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Heh. Goins swinging away on the 1st pitch....good job Gibby.

I'm not usually pro bunting, but when it's Goins in a 1-1 game in the bottom of the 7th, ****ing bunt.

yep. bunting should be done only if you're confident that run will be the diff between winning and losing. AL managers who bunt in the 1st inning should be imprisoned.

yep. bunting should be done only if you're confident that run will be the diff between winning and losing. AL managers who bunt in the 1st inning should be imprisoned.

It's a lot of risk/reward as well. Goins has next to no power and has been a complete black hole this season. It's basically an empty AB, at least make it worth something. I guess it's one of the places where Gomer drives me nuts. He selectively uses modern tactics but his "gut" or loyalty to mediocre players regularly gets in the way. If you're going to be old school, okay...be ****ing old school. That was the situation you bunt in 100 out of 100 times.

0QpiKCi.gif

This slide rule has to go....

Yeah, it's freaking annoying to even think about pausing the game for that. I'm fine with the rule, but I'd have it as non-reviewable. Let the ump on the field make the call if he feels there's a problem.

Yeah, it's freaking annoying to even think about pausing the game for that. I'm fine with the rule, but I'd have it as non-reviewable. Let the ump on the field make the call if he feels there's a problem.

+1

Making it reviewable is ridiculous, and yeah, if a slide is blatant it should be enforceable with an ejection at crew chief discretion.

Either that or make it an official break. Dude slid into second base. Automatic 5-minute review break, go hit the bathroom or buy a beer.

Unless the bullpen turns it around and Martin/Tulo/EE/Smoak wake up this could be a long season. Also would love to see Barney get more of a chance over Goins, who has also been useless at the plate

Back