• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Seriously, **** this team. I'm not spending a dime on them until they show some commitment to the fanbase. Bunch of choke artists led by a scared little boy who sits on his ass failing to improve the team.

If they're not going to buy, they really have to sell.

you'll never get a better chance to move a guy like buehrle for legit value. and joey, melky, and ee might all be at a high point, too.

Seriously, **** this team. I'm not spending a dime on them until they show some commitment to the fanbase. Bunch of choke artists led by a scared little boy who sits on his ass failing to improve the team.

But they did Jays, remember last year? There payroll is at 130 this year, how is that not commitment?

I agree with you Jays, just saying what Rogers/AA/Beeston will say.

They can talk all they want about payroll, but this is a $130 million team with major holes at multiple positions and who is routinely dressing three to four AAA players per game. That's inexcusable for a team with playoff aspirations.

any team that is missing 3 or 4 regulars to injury is dressing 3 or 4 AAA players per game.

We also have 2 starters who have been replacement level players all season, you just can't afford that when you have an injury prone core.

jcrasnick

One exec said #bluejays GM Alex Anthopoulos "makes more calls than anyone in baseball.'' He's in on everybody.

jcrasnick

One exec said #bluejays GM Alex Anthopoulos "makes more calls than anyone in baseball.'' He's in on everybody.
Richard Griffin:

"One executive at the*recent winter meetings indicated that other GMs now realize that when they are talking to Anthopoulos about a potential trade, it may just be information gathering. Some have become more careful in their conversations. Maybe it’s time to adjust."

Then why aren't we in 1st Zeke?

Every time I try to explain why we're a mediocre ball club, you spin and spin and spin.

the biggest weakness on the team has been the bullpen, which has been flat out awful all year long.

the rotation is pretty solid now, but was really bad when mcgowan and morrow in it. But even though it's good now, it's still not great, and could use a legit stud ace to match up with the top rotations.

the hitting - 4th in runs, 3rd in ops - has been very good, but not quite as healthy as the elite offenses in LA, OAK, and DET. the current slump is being driven both by injuries and by our best players just plain not hitting. The biggest issue being that Bautista's got a .650ops in his last 30gms.

Zeke,
our defence has sucked really badly since Lawrie went down, but it had some holes before that. A weak arm at SS and Frisco at anywhere is bad news.

Just sayin, we gave games away without the bullpen.

Richard Griffin:

"One executive at the*recent winter meetings indicated that other GMs now realize that when they are talking to Anthopoulos about a potential trade, it may just be information gathering. Some have become more careful in their conversations. Maybe it’s time to adjust."

^^

This!

The league has caught on to AA's tricks and he hasn't adjusted. Full on dear in the head lights.

Zeke,
our defence has sucked really badly since Lawrie went down, but it had some holes before that. A weak arm at SS and Frisco at anywhere is bad news.

Just sayin, we gave games away without the bullpen.

not sure it has much to do with lawrie.

francisco has been more than fine at 3B, and kawasaki has been excellent at 2B, while Tolleson has been good in both spots.

the starting outfielders have been pretty horrible defensively, though. and the SS.

Back