• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I stopped posting overtly political material and opinions on Facebook years ago when I realized that most people only have Facebook to act faux offended at everything imaginable (in addition to humble brag life status updates, staged travel pictures, and engagement/baby photos with people who you know they have been cheating on).

How is it not? Can he take off a mile or two an hour off pitches if need be? Can he rest if need be? Can focus on mechanics as opposed to pushing and over throwing in a tough spot? Of course, it's different.

Overall my attitude toward this year is forget about the future, forget about player's feelings, forget about the farm system, forget about everything else except for winning the big prize this year. I'm all in. Innings limits, saving arms for future, saving the farm system and holding off trades etc go against that. Hence my criticism.

When I say I'd like us to go all in, I mean ALL IN.

It's an inning in the biggest game of his life. Who the **** cares? The All-Star Game is still a big deal to most players, especially young ones. Let Sanchez have his moment in the sun. One inning won't kill him.

I stopped posting overtly political material and opinions on Facebook years ago when I realized that most people only have Facebook to act faux offended at everything imaginable (in addition to humble brag life status updates, staged travel pictures, and engagement/baby photos with people who you know they have been cheating on).

You badly need a new social circle.

Last edited:
It's crazy to think that EE is probably the priority sign over Joey right now.

I think it's probably going to play out this way, with EE re-signing and Joey's ego probably taking him elsewhere.

Wonder if the team can find a comparable replacement.

Yankees are waiting for 2018 free agency. They are in transition.
Everyone expects them to go crazy to sign Harper.

The thing with EE and JB are that pretty much every AL team could use one of them, and you might still get a couple NL teams bid too. Compared to lots of other talents out there, because they're older they'll be cheaper, so anyone willing to compete in the next couple years will be willing to spend.

Can and will are two different things. They may be in relative terms one of the cheaper ownership groups in baseball. Not a chance we sign both.

Rogers has to be very careful to keep this momentum going. How much more revenue are they making now compared to 2 years ago?

No kidding. The Jays are now 4th in the league in average attendance (39,274 per game) behind only San Francisco, St-Louis and the Dodgers. And Blue Jays baseball on Sportsnet consistently puts up better ratings in Canada than NHL hockey.

They need to start behaving more like the Leafs, and be careful not to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Back