• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I'd rather Grandy at 5M than Zeke at 2M, so can't complain too much about the cost. He sucked last year and was still a 2 WAR player. Obviously would rather someone with talent, but as a platoon bat, we could do worse.

I'd rather Grandy at 5M than Zeke at 2M, so can't complain too much about the cost. He sucked last year and was still a 2 WAR player. Obviously would rather someone with talent, but as a platoon bat, we could do worse.

But he's not replacing Zeke, he's complementing Pillar, Zeke and Pearce for form an OF with a CF that can't hit, a RF that is 37 and shouldn't face LHP, and a platoon in LF that consists of guys that aren't actually OF, and can only sort of it.

That's 4 roster spots.

But he's not replacing Zeke, he's complementing Pillar, Zeke and Pearce for form an OF with a CF that can't hit, a RF that is 37 and shouldn't face LHP, and a platoon in LF that consists of guys that aren't actually OF, and can only sort of it.

That's 4 roster spots.

Yeah, that's the real flaw. Individually, nothing really all that wrong with any of those guys, or Solarte/Diaz/etc... But you're running out of roster spots very fast. I guess you can still throw Diaz in the minors, and then run a bench of Carrera/Pearce/Solarte/C even if you do bring in another OF.

I'd be stunned if they bring in another OF.

Best bet IMO is Zeke/Carrera in LF, and Grandy in RF, with Solarte in RF if he's not needed at 2B/SS

Jays 2018 early projections (avg of steamer and zips)

Asterisk = steamer-only projection

2B Travis 102wrc+, 2.8war/650
3B Donaldson 140wrc+, 6.3war/650
1B Smoak 116wrc+, 2.3war/650
LF Pearce 109wrc+, 1.5war/650
DH Morales 106wrc+, 1.0war/650
RF Granderson 105wrc+, 1.5war/650
C Martin 101wrc+, 3.8war/650
SS Tulowitzki 98wrc+, 2.8war/650
CF Pillar 90wrc+, 2.9war/650

UT Solarte* 101wrc+,1.8war/650 - Hernandez 89wrc+, 0.9war/650
OF Carrera 85wrc+, 0.0war/650 - Pompey 81wrc+, 0.8war/650
IF Diaz* 96wrc+, 1.9war/650 - Ngoepe 53wrc+, -0.6war/650
C Maile 52wrc+, -0.1war/650 - Jansen 85wrc+, 2.3war/650

(yes platoon players like grandy get overrated by a war rate stat).

you were right.

expect another $5-7m spent on a bad SP. and a couple incentive $1-2m deals on other ST invite SPs, and that's a wrap for the offseason.

you were right.

expect another $5-7m spent on a bad SP. and a couple incentive $1-2m deals on other ST invite SPs, and that's a wrap for the offseason.

Have we signed a random aging bullpen arm yet? Can't forget that too...

Ladies and gentleman, start planning the parade route, we are contending! If this is what shatkins calls upgrading the outfield, its pathetic. But, really, should be of no surprise from this penny pinching group.

This obviously signals the end, management has no aspirations of actually contending. Nobody with a straight face can sign Granderson and, claim contender status while giving him any significant playing time. He'll be 37years old at seasons start and is declining. They'll clean house at or near the deadline.

Josh, it was nice having you around while it lasted. See you guys in a few years.

What is the point of what they are doing? It literally doesn't accomplish anything. Fans showed up because of the excitement of a winning team loading up on stars after years of mediocrity and nothing to be excited about. Its a total misread of the market to think that 3rd place is going to keep the Dome full.

And because of this stupid plan they are going to let a top 5 position player in baseball walk for nothing. Best case scenario is they get 10 cents on the dollar at the deadline.

Just a total shit show. I don't see how anyone can still defend the Shattyplan

Sort of weird how this team gets two years of brilliant play, then goes back to a dormant sleep. It hasn't happened yet, this time around, but all the signs are there.

How much did ShapEYEro, contribute to the eventual very good team that emerged in Cleveland btw, and if he did greatly contribute, how long did it take him and his team?

Back